1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

IPsec

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by phase2usesDES??, Nov 10, 2009.

1. phase2usesDES??

phase2usesDES?? New Member

why does the built-in IPsec client use DES for phase 2 of the IPsec tunnel negotiation. WTF?!? google...is it a hardware limitation? wanna cut back on processing? this needs to be changed to at least 3DES!!! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  2. heem

heem New Member

Agreed. It's well known that DES is very very weak and it is not recommended to use this method.. why not give us a choice?
  3. john.kutz

john.kutz New Member

Where is the whitepaper

I can not connect due to phase 2 failure.

Is there a whitepaper describing what the Phase 2 negotiations should be set at on my firewall??

Thanks!!
  4. synctek

synctek New Member

Does this have anything to do with VPN on the Droid??? I am no expert and am having issues connecting the Droid's VPN to an XP Pro pc I setup to accept incoming connections. I tried from away using 3G as well as from wireless at home with no luck. I can connect to it with a pc f.y.i.
Search tags for this page

android 4.0 ipsec proposal