Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

App-net-Directory.jpg

What is app.net? App.net is an ad-free online social networking service and microblogging service which enables its users to write messages of up to 256 characters.

The name 'App.net' was previously used for a service that let app developers showcase their applications. However, on July 13, 2012, Mixed Media Labs announced that App.net would change its purpose to be an ad-free social networking platform. As designed, it is similar to Twitter, but has no advertising, instead relying on user and developer subscriptions.

App.net isn't new. It earned a lot of attention when it launched, but until recently, it's been a completely paid service. App.net announced on February a free tier, an expansion of its invite service that allows yearly customers as opposed to monthly customers to invite users to the service at no cost.

If you're interested in giving the service a try, this link will take you to a special invite page where you can sign up for a free account but hurry! I only have 100 invites to give out! Once you finish sign-up, you'll automatically follow me @wicked

App.net has plenty of mobile apps from free to paid so be sure to check out their app directory at https://directory.app.net/

And if you tried App.net during its infancy, but weren’t convinced then, I invite you to drop back in, and check it out. You’ll be amazed by how much has changed, and by how many neat and useful apps and services have been built using App.net’s infrastructure. There really is something for everyone, and it’s only getting better.