International Roaming

kimisizer

Reaction score
I will be in Canada in a few hours and have a roaming question. I know calls and texts cost money - I have Verizon. But does 3g data cost money as well? And is there an option to not pay the costs for texting and calling? Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, unfortunately 3g data does cost money. I am not very familiar with the Droid x but some phones have the ability to take a foriegn sim card. I have a feeling the Droid X does not. You can do almost anything on your phone on wifi for free, including making calls using google voice or text plus... both have the ability to text also. The only limitaition is being where you can get wifi. Beyond that, I am not certain what your options are without getting an international data plan through verizon (which are expensive for very little data).

ekf028

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately 3g data does cost money. I am not very familiar with the Droid x but some phones have the ability to take a foriegn sim card. I have a feeling the Droid X does not. You can do almost anything on your phone on wifi for free, including making calls using google voice or text plus... both have the ability to text also. The only limitaition is being where you can get wifi. Beyond that, I am not certain what your options are without getting an international data plan through verizon (which are expensive for very little data).

Droid x doesn't take a sim card at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I will be in Canada in a few hours and have a roaming question. I know calls and texts cost money - I have Verizon. But does 3g data cost money as well? And is there an option to not pay the costs for texting and calling? Thanks!

As already mentioned, using cellular data while roaming internationally does cost money. If you use your phone while in Canada for calls, texts, or data, you'll have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay international roaming fees (which can add up quickly), just put your phone into airplane mode so that it won't be able to connect to a cellular network. You can still turn on WiFi if you want to.

sonyjohn

Reaction score
Roaming Charges

Hello everyone

It was an unexpected journey for me to canada while i was not prepared enough even i was not googled enough how to make a roaming abroad with my local sim.Then my friend from Russia had advised me to do buy the xxsim from canada,while he was using the same in russia to call china @ .25 euro per Hope you all are enjoying roaming in European union.I need to say something about a service provider who provides Call from EU to EU phone at {0.19} UR/min.It name is xxsim anyone feels better than that pls make a comment..

Sony

sonyjohn

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Hope you all are enjoying roaming in European union.I need to say something

about

a service provider who provides Call from EU to EU phone at {0.19} EUR/min.It name is xxsim

anyone feels

better than that pls make a comment.

Please check your balance by typing *146*099#. Make a call using correct dialing format

and dial an existing phone.In xxsim,which is an international sim

sonyjohn

Reaction score
XXSIM (or XX SIM) is a global roaming SIM card-based service provided by Shaston AG that provides coverage in over 140 countries with the recent addition of Ukraine, Thailand, Mexico, and Kuwait. Like a few other global roaming SIM cards, XXSIM provides free incoming calls worldwide with roaming capabilities extending even to countries that do not necessarily appear within its coverage area.

XXSIM's data services are compatible on both 2G and 3G networks in the standard frequency bands with no minimal charge in most countries. The company also offers outgoing calls at a rate it claims are 85% cheaper than major European Union network operators. The XXSIM is currently the only international SIM with an "in-network mobile to mobile" solution; calls to someone else on the XXSIM network are billed at a €0.19 rate regardless of the position of the other XXSIM. XXSIM also offers a free additional national landline number in Germany, USA, UK, and Switzerland to help lower costs for calls to landlines. Free calls and messages to any XXSIM user are also available via the XXSIM website

Is there any thing more than this for a global sim,What do you think?????

sonyjohn

Reaction score
Roaming Charges

Hello everyone

It was an unexpected journey for me to canada while i was not prepared enough even i was not googled enough how to make a roaming abroad with my local sim.Then my friend from Russia had advised me to do buy the xxsim from canada,while he was using the same in russia to call china @ .25 euro per Hope you all are enjoying roaming in European union.I need to say something about a service provider who provides Call from EU to EU phone at {0.19} UR/min.It name is xxsim anyone feels better than that pls make a comment..

Sony