Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
sjXvV.jpg

Digitimes
is reporting that after a year and a half of negotiations with Google, the strategy formally known as PRC Plus will be pushing an Intel/Android 3.0 based tablet sometime during the third quarter of this year. PRC Plus hopes to take advantage of Intel’s stronger performance over ARM-based processors and improve on Honeycomb’s user experience.

Intel is also hoping to entice more manufacturers by offering $10 chip subsidy to “first-tier notebook vendors” if they make a tablet using their processor. This would discourage manufacturers from using ARM or AMD based chipsets with the hopes of offsetting some of the costs.

Phandroid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Potential to dual boot Windows is VERY interesting (although perhaps pointless until the Windows/tablet interface becomes more useable).

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This has lawsuit written all over it. If they do the subsidy that discourages use of other manufacturers. Isn't this the same thing they've gotten in trouble for before?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If they're announcing it like that then they must be able to get away with it. I think they were offering incentives to manufacturers to not use other cpu manufacturers at all which is where they got in trouble. So if they were to give a $10 subsidy for each chip but a $15 subsidy if you didn't use any other cpu manufacturers at all which is where the problem comes in. I think that's what it is. My understanding of it could be off though.