Instructions: Boot into recovery on Dx2

papibone5

Reaction score
I hijack this from another forums and I also perform the process and it work flawless

But here is a version:

•Power down
•Power up holding the power button and the down arrow at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.
•Press the down arrow until you get to "Launch (or boot) into Android Recovery" or something to that effect. (Roughly about 7 presses).
•Press BOTH the up and down arrow simultaneously. It will load the next window we all know.
•Now press the up AND down arrows again. Now it will put you into the menu screen.
•Up and down arrows are still used to scroll. Your power button is your "enter" or "select" key.

I also found something interesting out. If you power on pressing the up arrow and power button simultaneously, it gives you RSD tools or something like that!

I haven't looked to see what all is there to select from on the RSD thing or the other things going to recovery. But if someone beats me to it, by al means, hit us up and share it. We are all on the same team here. Hahahahaha

Last edited:

myko14

Reaction score
Awesome work! I must have powered up a dozen times already. So how much more work until we can flash? I understand the bootloader is locked but someone has to be able to hack it or bypass it, right?

Last edited:

myko14

Reaction score
Awesome work! I must have powered up a dozen times already. So how much more work until we can flash? I understand the bootloader is locked but someone has to be able to hack it or bypass it, right?

OP
P

papibone5

Reaction score
I take no credit in this I just came upon it over at the droidxforum.. but hopefully this will be a start of something big

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
P

papibone5

Reaction score
You can also use Quick Boot to boot into recovery mode on DX2 (when rooted obviously) for those who don't care to do the button madness...

<a href="https://market.android.com/details?id=com. siriusapplications.quickboot&feature=search_result" target="_blank">https://market.android.com/details? id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot&feature=search_ result</a>

scott240

Reaction score
I can get into recovery but I don't see where I can install zip. I have looked all over the internet but can't seem to find out where to install a custom rom. All the x2 bootstrap links I have found are broken so how would I put a rom on my x2, could someone please help me I am stumped

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I can get into recovery but I don't see where I can install zip. I have looked all over the internet but can't seem to find out where to install a custom rom. All the x2 bootstrap links I have found are broken so how would I put a rom on my x2, could someone please help me I am stumped

Here's a bootstrap download
http://db.tt/sy5eGE3s

Trip3601211

Reaction score
When you power off you should wait about 30 sec. Hold the volume down for about 3-5 sec and then hold power down while still holding the volume down. Moto should pop up then right above it should say fastboot. Then volume down until you see RSD then volume up. Should have the RSD lite setuo before you set the phone up though. Once its ready to flash and you've already RSD volumed up...plug into PC and should be ready to go. Will say connected...then click the start on RSD lite. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sent from my DROID X2

jaflora

Reaction score
@Trip3601211: No disrespect intended, but it sure would be nice to have a step by step instruction list on how to do all these things you are blurting out in one tiny paragraph. I have a hard time deciphering what is being said here. Why is it so difficult to find detailed instructions here? There are a lot of people on this forum with a lot of good information, and you seem to be one of them, but it seems like it is so hard to find a good complete compilation of instructions with links to everything we need.

It looks like you're telling me:

1. Power off - wait 30 seconds
  2. Hold Volume Down button 3-5 seconds
  3. While holding Volume Down Button press and hold Power Button (When do I release the power and volume buttons?)
  4. Motorola logo should appear with the word fastboot directly above it.
  5. Press Volume Down (do I press and hold or do I press repeatedly?) until you see RSD.
  6. Press Volume Up (do I press and hold or do I press repeatedly or do I just press it once?).

Oh and by the way you should have RSD Lite setup on your computer, and you should have
    done this before you started with step 1 (What all does this entail?). Oh and good luck finding RSDLite on your own.
  7. Connect to PC and you will get a message that says Connected (Where? On the phone? On the Computer? Both?
  8. Click Start on RSD Lite to begin the flashing process (good luck following these instructions).
Can someone help us out by explaining in detail, step by step EXACTLY how to go about doing all of this. Thank you in advance.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Well if someone wanted to know this information step by step, would any logical person google that exact question? SBF Flashing for Droid X2...this forum is only one of many that have somewhat of information that can help you with flashing, rooting, and ROMing your device. I personally have learned more about my phone from the XDA Forums for Droid X2 and rootwiki forums for the Droid X2. I simply gave such a short answere because if someone is asking one details of one step I only aswere to that and partial of what to do next. This is assuming the person knew somewhat of what they are about to be doing with their device that might be the only thing they have to make calls, check emails, go online. I never intend to wave people off with the knowledge I have one few devices I have owned. But my answers have mainly been direct and have always assumed that most people that even sign up on these forums know somewhat about their devices. Will continue to help as much as I can now and still:

1. You must have the right drivers installed on your PC from motorola that reads your phone when you plug the USB cord into your PC and phone.

2. Must have RSD lite installed and extracted to your PC.

3. Must have the right .sbf file (2.3.3, 2.3.4) downloaded and extracted to your PC using a program called 7zip that unzips files for you.

4. Should restart PC after downloads are complete.

5. Plug USB ONLY into your PC then open up the RSD lite program that should be on your desktop if you installed correctly. Find the .sbf file through the RSD lite program and a description should pop up on right side of the program window.

6. Power off phone.

7. Hold volume down, hold power until moto sign comes up and the word fastboot appears above. 'Release' Then volume down until you see RSD. Volume up once and it will say starting RSD program on phone.

8. Plug phone into USB cord thats been plugged into PC. In the RSD lite program your phone will pop up on line #1 and say connected on PC. Once it says that, press start on the RSD lite program and it will begin to flash your phone.

All should go well if you have done it right. If it bootloops you may need battery pull and retry. I always wipe cache a few times in android recovery before every flash but thats just extra precaution. People say you don't have to but that's just me. After flash completes the program will tell you. Wait until it says PASS before closing program and dis-connecting USB. There will be a triangle in the upper-right of the phone where 3G usually shows and that just means you have no service. Simply dial *228 in emergency call and proceed with activation of your phone. Make sure you have decent reception or you may have troubles activating. That would have been my ling version of the answere to the question here and it still don't make much a difference. You need to get the links to downloads which I don't have. When you find these links as everyone else has, you will then see detailed and better instructions on how to flash these SBF files to your phone. Next time, for anyones information; PM me if you are seriously looking for help instead of trolling threads...of you may end up not getting what you are looking for. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited: