1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Instant Messenger

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jigsawkilr, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Is there an Instant Messenger that can be used on the Droid? I hear alot of people with BB talking about BlackBerry Instant Messenger. Is there something like that for Droid? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Gtalk is the closest thing to BB Messenger.
  3. 640k

640k New Member

There are also several clients that allow you to chat using internet messaging (AIM, MSN, etc.) such as Meebo and Ebuddy.
  4. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

Thanks guys. I thought that is what GTalk was but not sure. Also is there a charge for using G Talk or is it free? Also, how does it work? Im sure you can only chat with people that have gmail accounts, but I have some who have gmail but it never shows the little green light beside their name.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

It's free and yes it's googles version of BB messenger plus much more.... you can install it on your pc as well..
  6. jaxjaggywires

jaxjaggywires New Member

If the light next to them is not lit up, it means they're not logged on.
  7. aliceyang

aliceyang New Member

123webmessenger software

I suggest 123webmessenger software, it's the best IM software for a webmaster, it has a facebook like bar, the instant messenger friend list will dock at bottom of users browsers, that's exactly what every webmaster is looking for. Wish it will help one of you.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  8. cuskit

cuskit New Member

If any can tell me how to set up my Droid I to be able to chat with AIM - that'd be great! My daughter was away on vacation to Turkey and Greece, and of course, her AT&T iPhone had no coverage. But she did send me some AIM messages - though I could only read them - not reply. I'm kinda lost with this - so any help would be appreciated. I will note that her messages all seemed to be limited to about 1-2 sentences, then I'd have to type a word (forget what word) and the next couple of sentences would appear. I had to do this several times to view her entire message. But - no way to reply to her. What's up? mikey - lost in AIM..
  9. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

Get Trillian for android. Its still in beta so you have to get it at the Trillian website but it makes the other messenger apps look terrible.
  10. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Dragoro, thanks for the tip! I'll head over there, download it and fool around a bit. I appreciate your reply! mikey :)
Search tags for this page
can you instant message between iphone 5 and droid
droid messenger

gmail instant messenger for android

gmail messenger android

gmail messenger for android

how to share facebook on driod dna to messager