Installing to sd card instead of internal memory.

txter

Reaction score
I noticed that apps are installing to the phones memory instead of my card. Market is only trying to update those apps and none of the ones on my card. Is their a way to set the card to default? Ive looked all over this phone and cant find one. Also, when I use Astro to look for files it always opens to the internal memory. Is their a way to set it to open to the sdcard-ext ? Again, Ive looked and cant find a way to set the defaults.

droidbound

Reaction score
Why don't you use the stock My Files app? There you have instant access to either the internal memory or SD card. I actually like it better than Astro.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

B-Unit

Reaction score
Do you have a high speed SD card? I would think unless you have a quality class 8 or 10, the internal memory would be faster. Even then maybe...

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Why use external memory? All the apps become useless when you activate usb storage and they become buggy until phone is restarted. Happens with Beautiful Widgets often.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Why use external memory? All the apps become useless when you activate usb storage and they become buggy until phone is restarted. Happens with Beautiful Widgets often.

I used to use external on my D1 because of space issues, but wouldn't consider it on this phone because there's plenty of room.

That said, if you are going to go SD, I fully agree that putting widgets on external is a terrible idea. Most widget authors even explicitly say this (I know the author of Pure Calendar warned me against it).