installing new theme bootloop without animation

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I tried earlier installing a new theme to my rom and it went from the m logo and then the screen stayed black and didn't do nothing...now I am using UD1.0.0 and have boot animation DISABLED at this time...could that be why the theme didn't work? I tried downloading the theme 2 times to make sure it didn't get corrupt and still didn't work right. But other people had it working on the same rom...

C

cdexsw

you should have posted this in the UltimateDroid 1.0.0 section since its rom specific.

what kernel installed? if you get a bootloop after flashing a custom kernel it means the kernel does not play nice with you setup. if using a: ULV kernel try flashing a LV or SV of the same speeds. if that does not work flash a slower speed.

what theme installed? if the theme was not designed for your current rom & version your phone will have bootloops.

Edit: If it was me, i would flash the current rom again. let it boot make sure all is good. after that flash a custom kernel to check for errors. if errors are found try a different voltage or lower speed. if no errors then flash a theme and let it boot. check for errors. if errors are found....then its the theme check for device/rom/version compatibilty. then post about the errors for the theme in the section for the theme.

Note: not all kernels will work will all devices. what works on mine may not work on yours.

just say'n

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
it isnt a kernel issue bro...it is just the theme issue and it is supposed to work for my rom ud1.0.0 redmans theme.....so it must be something wrong with the theme itself

C

cdexsw

but you said
I tried downloading the theme 2 times to make sure it didn't get corrupt and still didn't work right. But other people had it working on the same rom...
that to me means if others have no issues with the same theme...then its your setup or your doing something wrong.

tell ya what, i will flash UD 1.0.0 and flash what ever kernel your using and try the theme your having issues with so so our phones have the same setup. all i need is the link to kernel & theme.