Input on how to keep Unlimited data.

Spray7.3

Reaction score
Just as it reads, I'm ready to retire the Bonic as it has become more of an inconvenience than anything, I've held out to hold on to my unlmtd for as long as possible but it's just time.. So, What are my options as far as upgrading and keeping my unlimited?? All input welcomed, thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you on a family plan or at least another line? One way to go about it is to transfer your upgrade to another line and get your phone of choice through that line. After it's been activated on that other line, you can then transfer the phone to your line and keep your unlimited data. That's what I pretty much did when I upgraded to my s4; use the upgrade on my line on a different line within our family plan.

Another way is to buy the phone outright without the contract and activate it on your line, though that's quite expensive. And if you don't need a brand new phone and just a newer one, you can do the same with a used phone.

OP
S

Spray7.3

Reaction score
Yes, I am on a family plan and I believe I have at least one due for upgrade. So if I go about it that way I can ultimately just switch lines after receiving new phone.?

I am not opposed to buying an older model but buying it NEW and outright is as you said, A bit expensive!
However, if I buy new, I'd like to stick with the Android platform. Any suggestions there??