Increase Max Volume...

jssmith76

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'm still learning about this phone after having it for 3 days now. But one thing I've noticed is the volume is very low on all settings. Ringer, notifications, video, etc... I've got all the volume bars maxed out, but it is still very low. Is there any way to I crease the "max" volume?

Thanks,
Josh

Nenda2

Reaction score
I don't know but would love to know the answer as well!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Man you think the ringer volume is too quiet? I never turn it up that high unless I'm in the other room!

In any case, you can download something like Ringtone Maker, which lets you customize the crap out of ringtones/notification sounds. One option in it is to increase the volume through the app, which would make the file louder than normal, which means it'll sound louder when it goes off, even though TECHNICALLY you'll be at the same volume level on the phone.

Great app too, I use it to edit songs to make ringtones and alarms all the time.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Not the ring tones I want louder. Volumes are great, except for when watching videos on the Speaker. Using headphones, the volume is fine. Like watching NFL games, Netflix, etc... Using the external speaker is very, very, very low at highest volume.

newgirl8

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S4 too quiet!

I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4. Love the phone but it is too quiet! I cannot hear the notifications - regardless of the tone or volume I choose. I contacted Samsung. They said it might be fixed - at some point. I asked if there was a way I could voice my concerns. They said I could contact Samsung voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST). Maybe if we all call it will be fixed sooner than later! ;)

chadwick108

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4. Love the phone but it is too quiet! I cannot hear the notifications - regardless of the tone or volume I choose. I contacted Samsung. They said it might be fixed - at some point. I asked if there was a way I could voice my concerns. They said I could contact Samsung voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST). Maybe if we all call it will be fixed sooner than later! ;)

Root and install hyperdrive rls10.2 which will allow you to increase volume when installing the ROM...makes all the difference in the world