incomplete text messages

clover74

Reaction score
Hi I got a new Droid at Christmas and have been having issues with sending text messages. Some of the messages that I have sent are recieved as incomplete. This does not happen to everyone in fact most people I can text without any problem. It consistantly seems to be the same people that recieve half of my message. It has nothing to do with the length of the message as I have sent messages with only one word and they are still recieved as incomplete. I would appreciate any help with this issue. I should also mention that I have already been back to the store several times and I have already had the phone replaced by another phone. The same issue is still happening! HELP!!!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Since you're phone has been traded out and its still happening (not to mention the fact that it happenas to the same people every time) maybe it is a problem with their phones, not yours

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

clover74

Reaction score
incomplete texts

Well I could see it if it were just one person having trouble reading my texts but would at least 4 people all be having trouble with their phones? And they are not having this issue with recieving texts from other people just my phone. But I certainly thank you for taking the time to reply!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Well if it is something on your end and it is happening with the replacement phones as well it would have to be something your doing every time. Do you use an automated task killer?

OP
C

clover74

Reaction score
incomplete texts

No I haven't used the automatic task killer; but I have not loaded a single app or game on the phone. The weird thing is one day I had a conversation back and forth with a friend, about 20 texts and the next day I sent a text to the same person and all my texts were incomplete. So it's very random. That's the way it's been going sometimes it's fine and other times it's not.
The people at the Verizon store are completly baffled!

Lenagainster

Reaction score
OP
C

clover74

Reaction score
incomplete texts

In sending test text messages I sent "hi Lynne how are you?" and it was recieved as "Hi Lynne ho".

OP
C

clover74

Reaction score
inc

Luckily I was sitting right across from Lynne so I was able to explain that my text was not some freudian slip! I am also lucky that she has a good sense of humor!

I have tried Handcent; same issue

Lenagainster

Reaction score
BTW, did you use a suggested phrase when you sent "how are you", or did you type it out? If a suggested phrase, perhaps they have the same problem as the contractions.