Inc2 FREE on Friday... worthy upgrade?

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Still on my trusty old D1, clocked to 1GHz, running Pete's GPA19 2.3.7

Would I be satisfied with an Inc2, for the price? Big screen, and I would root immediately... stability issues? Is the speed there? Any nagging bugs? What's battery life like? I'm seeing 12-15 hrs with my old stock D1 battery on GB, which is merely adequate, but not unacceptable.
Anybody out there screaming "DON'T DO IT!"?
tia-

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jtsrtr13

Reaction score
The inc2 is definitely worth the investment. As far as speed, stability, and bugs.......I'm rooted and clocking in at 1.3 ghz with no issues and VERY stable. The bugs will depend on what ROM you decide to use. Battery life is also great....I get anywhere from 20 hrs to 48 hrs depending on usage level. Easily the best phone I've owned. Not to mention the support coomunities here at DF and also on XDA are top notch.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

noisyKricket

Reaction score
I got my Inc2 just to hold me over till the Nexus dropped (used my sister-in-laws upgrade, hehe) but I ended up really liking it. I don't think anybody would regret getting this phone. I'm running CM7 on it and having no problems at all. And since 4g isn't currently available at my house I'm planning on keeping this and holding on to my upgrade. Totally happy with it. Plenty fast and the 4"screen is the perfect size.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Not rooted but this phone is everything I could ever want or need in a phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

rayr0d

Reaction score
Still on my trusty old D1, clocked to 1GHz, running Pete's GPA19 2.3.7

Would I be satisfied with an Inc2, for the price? Big screen, and I would root immediately... stability issues? Is the speed there? Any nagging bugs? What's battery life like? I'm seeing 12-15 hrs with my old stock D1 battery on GB, which is merely adequate, but not unacceptable.
Anybody out there screaming "DON'T DO IT!"?
tia-

You can't go wrong if you opt to go Inc2 - It has a simple look and feel to it that adds perks such as front facing camera and its global. With a price tag of FREE during this weekend - its a real good deal. Battery Life will not be a concern at all.

Good luck with your decision - Look up Inc2 in Droid Forums, there are credible users out there ready to give their input and lend their expertise!

kenbiz

Reaction score
Should have mine Tuesday.. Hope its better than the first one. Had a few problems with it

King_Bean

Reaction score
I upgraded from a D1 to an Inc2 about three months ago and I couldn't be happier. My D1 was rooted but I have no intentions of rooting my Inc2. It's just perfect the way it is.

evileyefox

Reaction score
Inc2 is a great phone, had mine for a few months now.
Definitely need to root, there are some incredible (no pun intended) roms out for it now, allowing new sense features such as beats audio and newer versions of sense, if you're into that.
Also, cyanogen is very stable on it if you like AOSP-like roms instead if sense.
There are alpha versions of ics right now, a testament to the competence of the development community.
Only negative is the power button is a little difficult to press (at least on mine).
The extended battery available is the same size as the stock battery, so that's nice.
Screen is rgb lcd, so no pentile bs to worry about, and is very nice very thin phone.
I'm not a salesman or anything lol, but you know just keeping it real

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Newtoroot had a rom with beats in it. Incredible 2 HD RLS. I think there is a version number attached to it but I don't know for sure. Has Android 2.3.5 and sense 3.5. Another feature is the panoramic camera which is still very buggy but in sure will be fixed soon if not already.

This post is Incredible 2!

noisyKricket

Reaction score
LOL I have that rom on my sd card right now but I always get mad at the sense interface and switch back to CM7. Looks like I should fire it up again. I'm very curious how much of a difference it makes in my music. There any aosp roms with beats built in?

OP
speedfreeq

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Thanks all a yall! I can't help but notice there wasn't a single basher answering the thread, so I went ahead and ordered it... should be here Monday! Kinda cool that its the red one they're trying to unload:)
Looking forward to de- bloating it immediately and getting down to some serious PvZ!

cac2us

Reaction score
Tuesday for me, more time on hand then money in pocket.
Does any one know of a way to prevent the OTA while rooting?

I might get lucky because of the area my office is located, I have to force the to "Home" setting to get *228 without getting AllTell.
Does any one know if the OTA will run in an "Extended Network" area?

Hopefully rooting will go as smooth as my last DInc II. Got it the Friday before the 98 hboot was being forcefed to all the masses..
I thought maybe setting the "Mobile network" un selected, I will be able to root without the OTA trying to interfere.

I guess it boils down to what the hboot is when I get it.
If 97: goto Alpha RevX or Revolutionary, If 98: goto XDA and downgrade, If 99: send it back or sell it on Ebay....

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
When you get the phone you need to check which Android version you have. If you are on 2.3.4 to the best of my knowledge it isn't rooted yet. You can downgrade to version 2.3.3 though. Check out my thread "how to root incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained". If you have any questions, let me know there or you can PM me. Good luck and enjoy the red dinc2, I'm kinda jealous lol.

This post is Incredible 2!