I'm stupid, or at least not that bright

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Last weekend at work my phone would reset every time I took it out of the holster. I tried everything I could think of, resetting, safe mode, removing the latest apps I had installed. I finally but the bullet and did a FDR. Lost everything, and had to setup everything again.
It still, grrrr. After the FDR I still had the problem. Ak, new phone time, but then I noticed something. I was putting in phone in the holster upsidedown. When inserted that way the holster depressed the volume and power buttons, which resets the phone. Duh! After realizing that I've put the phone away right side up and the problem went away.

0aa7d5ff9517879ae679d00e6fcbc881.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Last weekend at work my phone would reset every time I took it out of the holster. I tried everything I could think of, resetting, safe mode, removing the latest apps I had installed. I finally but the bullet and did a FDR. Lost everything, and had to setup everything again.
It still, grrrr. After the FDR I still had the problem. Ak, new phone time, but then I noticed something. I was putting in phone in the holster upsidedown. When inserted that way the holster depressed the volume and power buttons, which resets the phone. Duh! After realizing that I've put the phone away right side up and the problem went away.

Well then, you may not be all that bright, but you are observant :eek:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It's the simple things that get us, don't feel bad sir, we all have those moments.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha.. Its all good.. Though I think it's time for a new holster.. That one looks a little beat up now

S6E+ tapatalk

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah it's from a previous phone and I'm getting the one for my case.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not laughing AT you. I'm laughing WITH you. Haha! Glad you figured it out, but I know how figuring something like that can make you feel, so I feel your pain.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I got the new holster and it also hits the buttons when the phone is inserted upside down.

9e9c63192ed5078ab0a8c7c3d2ef2a08.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not laughing AT you. I'm laughing WITH you. Haha! Glad you figured it out, but I know how figuring something like that can make you feel, so I feel your pain.
Sure...we've all heard that before. Lol