I'm new to forums and to the whole Root idea.

sammysdad

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to forums and not real sure what to do, so I'll start here and maybe someone can direct me a little bit.

I have owned an Android phone for a little over a year, but never tried to Root. Thought about it, but didn't wanna brick my phone.

The reason for my post....I have a friend that bought a used Verizon Droid A855. He tried to reset it, but when it wouldn't reset he brought it to me. I noticed it was Rooted and figured that was the problem. He wants it restored to the original Verizon software. Is this possible?

Much thanks in advance.

Mike

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Nope not at all. You will need to download some files from here. Using the Google search in the search tab on the homepage type in "Droid a855 SBF, Droid forums". You will also need a program called rsdlite (free) which you can find using Google. Next download the drivers from Motorola (free). Follow the directions in the post where you find the SBF file. Return to Droid forums for further questions.

Another option is to describe the problem for us and we may be able to fix the problems and keep him rooted. Either way good luck! I'll check back tomorrow to see which way you go.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums