ICS Update Stuck

Kangbao

Reaction score
I rooted my phone a while ago when I first got it, and was an idiot when I decided to upgrade to ICS. I wasn't paying attention and allowed it to install before unfreezing/rooting/anything that I should have done. Now, the phone has been stuck attempting to update, and is stuck on a screen that says, "starting applications." It downloaded the update fine, did the first screen and completed that. Said it was updating applications, and finished that. Now it's stuck.

I'm assuming since its still running that I haven't completely destroyed the phone, but was curious as to what I should do. Should I let the phone die, charge it and try to flash it. Is that possible? Should I plug it in and let it just stay running like it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: It seems like it just wanted to take longer than normal. It finally decided to continue working. It took about 2 hours to update it seems.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold the power and volume down buttons til it turns off, then try and turn it on

rupzie

Reaction score
ICS upgrade stuck

Hi Brad,
Apparently this still happens even in September and your advice helped me!!!
Thank you.

Rupa

freakshow05

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I pressed power and both vol+&- buttons it switched off. When i switched it on it worked but none of my music would play and anything to do with media wouldnt work. so eventually my battery died and i had to charge it but now it wont charge...any help.