ICS or JB???

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Opinions please. I have a JB software update available. Not sure if I should.... pros, cons??:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

switchx

Reaction score
I upgraded to jb with no problems. I was using foxfi and hotspot hack was a little worried from what everyone was saying about these to not working. But to my surprise everything still works hope this helps

jp233

Reaction score
I did not really like ICS (.211)... I should have gone to the 215 but since I waited until Oct 2012 to even "upgrade" to ICS, I knew JB was going to come out somewhat soon.

I got the OTA leak of JB on Xmas Eve. It was pretty good but sometimes lagged (Chrome, mainly) and also the homescreen would come up blank sometimes and take 3-8 seconds to populate icons.

Anyways, just got the new .16 JB OTA and it is pretty awesome so far. Just rooted last night and going to mess around with a few things, have been backing stuff up with Titanium Backup, etc.

xtor

Reaction score
Are you rooted?, and on unlimited still?, I'm not rooted and have unlimited and decided to go the 215 route, to keep hotspot, eventually ill go jb and root, waiting to see how ota works out

razr on 215 leak

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to jb with no problems. I was using foxfi and hotspot hack was a little worried from what everyone was saying about these to not working. But to my surprise everything still works hope this helps

Switchx,
You are saying that you updated to the JB , AND you are not rooted, AND, Foxfi is still working for WiFi hotspot???
If so, is it an older Foxfi app or the current PdaNet+?

switchx

Reaction score
Switchx,
You are saying that you updated to the JB , AND you are not rooted, AND, Foxfi is still working for WiFi hotspot???
If so, is it an older Foxfi app or the current PdaNet+?

No I am rooted and yes foxfi/pdanet does work

OP
shellmeyer

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. I went ahead and updated to JB, and haven't had any issues.... yet. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2