Icons disappear from home screen after an app updates

wolstonc

Reaction score
Even if they're in a folder. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

DRIO5

Reaction score
Just started to have this issue today. Phone app icons and widgets disappear off of home screen. Apps and widgets from menu gone as well. Just had this phone replaced and having issues with it self rebooting as I did with the last one.

Reaction score
Just started to have this issue today. Phone app icons and widgets disappear off of home screen. Apps and widgets from menu gone as well. Just had this phone replaced and having issues with it self rebooting as I did with the last one.

you have one or more apps causing your problems :D

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You using a launcher or anything? Completely stock? Seems odd unless it was just the Android market switching to the "Google Play" icon and vanishing. Only icon I can imagine doing something like this.

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
You using a launcher or anything? Completely stock? Seems odd unless it was just the Android market switching to the "Google Play" icon and vanishing. Only icon I can imagine doing something like this.

Stock. Happened to the game tiny tower and Google wallet. Its a minor inconvenience

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

DRIO5

Reaction score
It is completely stock and I think I might have found out which app is acting up. I would go into my google voice and get out of it and my apps
would be gone. I have to restart to get my icons back. I would still get my notifications and be able to access the messages but only from the
pull down notification bar.

glshub

Reaction score
Usually a memory issue. It is your device bailing so it can reset and shuck something that is overloading your memory.

As stated. Get rid of some apps, usually starting with the biggest first. If that doesn't fix then its a memory problem with the device.