I think my DX is bricked...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I misunderstood the first time. I have never removed the battery during flash and didn't wanna screw it up.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Torpedo IPA

Reaction score
Seriously considering bouncing back to froyo from Gingerbread. Got mine to work <ok> today, but OMFG the battery life is 1/5 as good as it was.... Get it together update people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WildVke

Reaction score
Ok. Try this:
Pull battery and put it back in.
Hold home and power key until phone boots into triangle screen. Once you get here follow the previous instructions to factory reset your phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Why don't u just sbf...

running 595 mahi...yeaaaah

holding home and power does nothing. i cant get to regular triangle screen. its literally impossible. and sbf... howwwww do i do this?!
I was having the exact same issue, I did get mine figured it out, it is a sequence thing. . . . Just wondering if you got yours fixed?

gpseymour

Reaction score
Seriously considering bouncing back to froyo from Gingerbread. Got mine to work <ok> today, but OMFG the battery life is 1/5 as good as it was.... Get it together update people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with level II support at Verizon, after trying to solve a number of issues as a result of Gingerbread OTA (including the short battery life). He told me that there's no fix but a new device (they take it back, wipe it, start over, and give it to the next poor sap).

He said it's a major issue with the OTA of Gingerbread. I believe it's possible for someone to handle this on their own (rather than the replacement device), but I don't have that kind of time, so I'll be receiving a new device tomorrow.

I'm about 75% decided to go to an iPhone. I've just had too many issues with this. Android will always have more possibilities than iOS, but because of that capacity, it will also always be less stable. I really don't need the openness, and buggy releases like this cost me a lot of business time (my phone has been largely unusable for a few days, I've put a lot of personal time into trying to fix it, and now I'll have to take the time to get everything right on a new phone).

I love my DroidX, but as soon as my contract's up, I think I'll be going back to Apple.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I'm about 75% decided to go to an iPhone. I've just had too many issues with this. Android will always have more possibilities than iOS, but because of that capacity, it will also always be less stable. I really don't need the openness, and buggy releases like this cost me a lot of business time (my phone has been largely unusable for a few days, I've put a lot of personal time into trying to fix it, and now I'll have to take the time to get everything right on a new phone).

I love my DroidX, but as soon as my contract's up, I think I'll be going back to Apple.

thats not entirely true ya android has custom ROMs kernels and all that other stuff but iphone does have some customizable things when your rooted too like custom page animations, emulators and all that good stuff
but anyways sbfing back to froyo doesnt take very long the most its ever taken my x to sbf back was about 3 minutes! dont give up!

gpseymour

Reaction score
thats not entirely true ya android has custom ROMs kernels and all that other stuff but iphone does have some customizable things when your rooted too like custom page animations, emulators and all that good stuff
but anyways sbfing back to froyo doesnt take very long the most its ever taken my x to sbf back was about 3 minutes! dont give up!

That's the thing - I'm not even rooted. I'm completely stock, except for apps, all of which came from the Android Marketplace.

I don't even know if I can go back to Froyo, and since the replacement phone is already on the way, I'm not going to make the effort. It'd take some serious advances for me to decide to stay with Android when my contract is up. I am capable of rooting and playing with the available goodies for rooted phones, but I don't have the time to mess with all of that. I just want a stock phone that works when I want it to work, pretty much every time. As much as I like my X, I just don't think it is that phone.