I think my DX is bricked...

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by GoBucks1016, Jun 2, 2011.

1. GoBucks1016

GoBucks1016 New Member

Earlier today, I downloaded the new sofware update. Once it was completed, it rebooted. The animation was a white M inside a red circle. Then it went to a black screen that reads: Bootloader, 30.04, Err:A5,69,35,00,27. below that it reads: Battery OK, OK to program, connect USB, and Data cable. This is all that I can see. Pressing buttons does nothing. I cannot get out of this screen. I need help. I was told I need to download a droid X SBF and RSD lite. somebody please help me and give me step by step. baby steps. thankss
  2. coolrmc

coolrmc New Member

Happened to me this morning and a factory data reset worked.

Power down and hold the home and power key down until the phone powers back up to a screen with a triangle appears.
    Press both the volume up and down buttons.
    Select factory data reset and follow instructions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Man it seems like the ota is screwing people left and right. What's up with that?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz
  4. DARTH MAXIMUS

DARTH MAXIMUS New Member

I felt the same last night..signal was bad,lagging horribly, forecloses... I said I would give a day for it to stabilize since. 595 ran so well and I could quickly go back to it. Anyway, I did a factory reset and things are better, though not quite as well as. 595 gb, so I may end up doing what I have to. Sucks that I froyo'd to get this ota when I had a better gb already.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. GoBucks1016

GoBucks1016 New Member

I tried that and it didnt work. it just goes straight to that black screen..
  6. coolrmc

coolrmc New Member

Hmmmmm.
    Were you able to complete the factory reset?
    Dos you make it to the screen with the triangle on it?

7. GoBucks1016

GoBucks1016 New Member

Nope. I cant complete anything. It goes straight to the black screen that says bootloader or whatever it was called, i forget now. Like literally, it shows the motorola M and goes right to the black screen and i cant get out.
  8. coolrmc

coolrmc New Member

Ok. Try this:
    Pull battery and put it back in.
    Hold home and power key until phone boots into triangle screen. Once you get here follow the previous instructions to factory reset your phone.

9. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

Wow. The official OTA is screwing people up?

Good to have a custom ROM w/ GB!
  10. androidgift

androidgift New Member

Why don't u just sbf...

running 595 mahi...yeaaaah
  11. GoBucks1016

GoBucks1016 New Member

holding home and power does nothing. i cant get to regular triangle screen. its literally impossible. and sbf... howwwww do i do this?!
  12. Xerrus

Xerrus New Member

Okay, I got you. I had this same thing happen, not because of the OTA but due to a bad restore I did. Regardless, the outcome was the same as you're currently experiencing. You will need to SBF, but fear not, I was told by a helpful admin how to execute the whole SBFing process.

Follow this link and do as he says.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/147854-help-please.html

You will need to download RSD lite (which is/can be a very fickle program). He has links to everything you will need to download including a guide on how to use it all. It'll all be under the fifth link on His signature. You may have to learn on the fly but it will work in the end. It did for me when my phone was nothing more than a paper weight...

13. androidgift

androidgift New Member

14. brad92

brad92 New Member

You can remove the battery while sbf'ing? I have always been scared about my battery dying while flashing. I try never to do it when my battery is below 70%, but if my phone bricked when I had a low battery...

sent from my ZombieStomped X
  15. androidgift

androidgift New Member

No u don't wanna remove battery...will probably brick ur phone

16. brad92

brad92 New Member

Ok, I misunderstood the first time. I have never removed the battery during flash and didn't wanna screw it up.

sent from my ZombieStomped X
  17. Torpedo IPA

Torpedo IPA New Member

Seriously considering bouncing back to froyo from Gingerbread. Got mine to work <ok> today, but OMFG the battery life is 1/5 as good as it was.... Get it together update people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. WildVke

WildVke New Member

I was having the exact same issue, I did get mine figured it out, it is a sequence thing. . . . Just wondering if you got yours fixed?
  19. gpseymour

gpseymour New Member

I just got off the phone with level II support at Verizon, after trying to solve a number of issues as a result of Gingerbread OTA (including the short battery life). He told me that there's no fix but a new device (they take it back, wipe it, start over, and give it to the next poor sap).

He said it's a major issue with the OTA of Gingerbread. I believe it's possible for someone to handle this on their own (rather than the replacement device), but I don't have that kind of time, so I'll be receiving a new device tomorrow.

I'm about 75% decided to go to an iPhone. I've just had too many issues with this. Android will always have more possibilities than iOS, but because of that capacity, it will also always be less stable. I really don't need the openness, and buggy releases like this cost me a lot of business time (my phone has been largely unusable for a few days, I've put a lot of personal time into trying to fix it, and now I'll have to take the time to get everything right on a new phone).

I love my DroidX, but as soon as my contract's up, I think I'll be going back to Apple.
  20. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy New Member

thats not entirely true ya android has custom ROMs kernels and all that other stuff but iphone does have some customizable things when your rooted too like custom page animations, emulators and all that good stuff
    but anyways sbfing back to froyo doesnt take very long the most its ever taken my x to sbf back was about 3 minutes! dont give up!