I think my DX is bricked...

GoBucks1016

Reaction score
Earlier today, I downloaded the new sofware update. Once it was completed, it rebooted. The animation was a white M inside a red circle. Then it went to a black screen that reads: Bootloader, 30.04, Err:A5,69,35,00,27. below that it reads: Battery OK, OK to program, connect USB, and Data cable. This is all that I can see. Pressing buttons does nothing. I cannot get out of this screen. I need help. I was told I need to download a droid X SBF and RSD lite. somebody please help me and give me step by step. baby steps. thankss

coolrmc

Reaction score
Happened to me this morning and a factory data reset worked.

Power down and hold the home and power key down until the phone powers back up to a screen with a triangle appears.
Press both the volume up and down buttons.
Select factory data reset and follow instructions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man it seems like the ota is screwing people left and right. What's up with that?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
I felt the same last night..signal was bad,lagging horribly, forecloses... I said I would give a day for it to stabilize since. 595 ran so well and I could quickly go back to it. Anyway, I did a factory reset and things are better, though not quite as well as. 595 gb, so I may end up doing what I have to. Sucks that I froyo'd to get this ota when I had a better gb already.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

GoBucks1016

Reaction score
Happened to me this morning and a factory data reset worked.

Power down and hold the home and power key down until the phone powers back up to a screen with a triangle appears.
Press both the volume up and down buttons.
Select factory data reset and follow instructions.

I tried that and it didnt work. it just goes straight to that black screen..

coolrmc

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.
Were you able to complete the factory reset?
Dos you make it to the screen with the triangle on it?

OP
G

GoBucks1016

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.
Were you able to complete the factory reset?
Dos you make it to the screen with the triangle on it?

Nope. I cant complete anything. It goes straight to the black screen that says bootloader or whatever it was called, i forget now. Like literally, it shows the motorola M and goes right to the black screen and i cant get out.

coolrmc

Reaction score
Ok. Try this:
Pull battery and put it back in.
Hold home and power key until phone boots into triangle screen. Once you get here follow the previous instructions to factory reset your phone.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Wow. The official OTA is screwing people up?

Good to have a custom ROM w/ GB!

OP
G

GoBucks1016

Reaction score
Ok. Try this:
Pull battery and put it back in.
Hold home and power key until phone boots into triangle screen. Once you get here follow the previous instructions to factory reset your phone.

Why don't u just sbf...

running 595 mahi...yeaaaah

holding home and power does nothing. i cant get to regular triangle screen. its literally impossible. and sbf... howwwww do i do this?!

Xerrus

Reaction score
Okay, I got you. I had this same thing happen, not because of the OTA but due to a bad restore I did. Regardless, the outcome was the same as you're currently experiencing. You will need to SBF, but fear not, I was told by a helpful admin how to execute the whole SBFing process.

Follow this link and do as he says.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/147854-help-please.html

You will need to download RSD lite (which is/can be a very fickle program). He has links to everything you will need to download including a guide on how to use it all. It'll all be under the fifth link on His signature. You may have to learn on the fly but it will work in the end. It did for me when my phone was nothing more than a paper weight...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can remove the battery while sbf'ing? I have always been scared about my battery dying while flashing. I try never to do it when my battery is below 70%, but if my phone bricked when I had a low battery...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

androidgift

Reaction score
No u don't wanna remove battery...will probably brick ur phone