i think i bricked my wifes incredible can anyone help??

mrjmf

Reaction score
after rooting and roming my droid x i felt i could tackle doing the same for the wifes incredible. the old saying "you cant get out of a hole by continuing to dig" definatly applys here. heres the story: i bought a brand new inc from craigslist she wanted it rooted and romed so i rooted with no prob, loaded cyanogenmod and the problems began form there. it didnt load the google apps (even tho i told it to) then i dld the google apps zip and i pretty much lost it from there. the rom manager was giving me the black screen with white bars which i worked around (so i thought). i decided to do a factory reset and just start fresh. (which is where i should have just stopped). i formatted to fat32 and tried to reload using these instructions: Step 1: Download this file: PB31IMG.zip

Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer.

Step 3: Save all of the files on your sdcard to a folder on your computer.

Step 4: Format your sdcard to fat32.

Step 5: Place the "PB31IMG.zip" file that you downloaded onto the sdcard in the bottom directory.

Step 6: Power down the phone.

Step 7: Hold the volume button down while pressing the power on button. (This will place you in HBOOT)

Step 8: HBOOT will find the file on the sdcard named "PB31IMG.zip" and ask if you wish to update with it. Answer yes. (It will start to load and restart HBOOT and scan for the file again, don't panic, let it do it's thing.)

Step 9: When it is finished it will ask you to reboot the device, press volume up to reboot.

Step 10: Remove "PB31IMG.zip" from the sdcard.

and basically i never saw anything again. now i have a black screen, the buttons light up and and i have the orange charging light. the "usb" ding happens when i plug it in but it doesnt show up in my computer.

did i brick it? can i call verizon and tell them i tried to dld froyo and it screwed up or should i smash it and do an insurance claim?