I ordered my Nexus 6P from Huawei...

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discuss ordering process and let everyone know you pulled the trigger here!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I literally did order my 6P FROM Huawei. They only offer the Aluminum and Graphite and don't have the 128GB option. I opted for aluminum and 64GB.

I was going to wait until I had the money, but they offer a third-party financing program (Affirm). I tried it the other day and kept getting errors from Affirm before it even gave me a chance to apply, so I'd all but given up on getting one right away. Tried again today and instead of the error, it took me to the screen to apply.

Applying for the credit was quick and painless. I have less than stellar credit due to a debt reduction plan. I'm working on rebuilding, but had been denied by Moto when thinking about buying the Moto X Pure edition. I didn't expect to get approved, but I did. I've got a bit of interest to pay and it's a 12-month term vs. 24 or so that other financing plans offer. The payments won't be a problem for me and it'll be paid off that much quicker.

The whole process literally only took a few minutes. Took me longer to put in my info for ordering the phone than it did to get approved for the financing.

No Nexus Protect and no $50 credit from Google Play. The latter is really the only one that I would've liked to get, but it obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I could be wrong but if you order through playstore you pay taxes on phone and with Huawei site most states are tax free...

NexusSix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think you are. I read that somewhere before going there to buy as well. Perhaps I'm just in one of the un-lucky states.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah I read it somewhere... Maybe a few more states don't pay taxes though Huawei.. I figured on a 64G phone it's about equal to playstore credit for NY resident

NexusSix