I keep getting "safe to remove SD card"

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Since I took my case off I keep getting this message and I have no access to my SD card for about 5 minutes. As if the SD card is really being pulled out and put back in. Think it's the phones design or a real hardware issue?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Update:

Brought it to my Verizon store. They are "aware" of these model phones experiencing more problems, both software and hardware, than ANY OTHER Android phone. Just like Lewis Black says.... "NOW you tell me?"

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
maybe its just me, but i havent noticed a substantial amount of problem reports that make it stand out above other phones on average.
assuming its not hardware, i prefer to go right to re-flashing the stock software. factory resets are good for some things, but they dont fix corrupt files, thats why i never bother to do it.
maybe that will help you.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
maybe its just me, but i havent noticed a substantial amount of problem reports that make it stand out above other phones on average.
assuming its not hardware, i prefer to go right to re-flashing the stock software. factory resets are good for some things, but they dont fix corrupt files, thats why i never bother to do it.

They were pretty specific in the Droids having multiple problems due to bloatware believe it or not. I dunno, I dont really care, its just a phone, but the guy said he has the most RMA's and claims on the Droids. I wasnt mad at them for not telling me. Lifes too short!

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+do+droids+have+the+most+problems%3F&oq=why+do+droids+have+the+most+problems%3F&aqs=chrome.0.57.7928j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
btw, another possibility for your issue is that the sd card has gotten corrupted or is going bad.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I don't buy it either. First of all it truly amazes me how clueless some of the VZW employees are at the stores.
We had to take my wife's iPhone into the store because it was getting a constant "SIM CARD ERROR".
Well known issue about the iPhone 5, btw.
("iphone5 sim card error" run that through a Google search...)
While checking out new phones I eaves dropped on a saleman's spiel to a new customer. I couldn't believe how little he knew about the devices he was trying to sell. It's sad, really. I know more about Smartphones than a guy that sells them all day. Really?

"Has the most problems due to Bloatware"... That is a PURE crap statement. In reality the RAZR HD/MAXX is one of the least "bloat infected" phones on the market.
HTC notoriously loads up so much bloat it's just insane especially since their "fall from greatness". My jaw dropped when I saw how much bloat was on the Dinc4G.
Bloat on the RAZR: IMDB, the VZW apps, Quickoffice, Slacker.... and that's it. Really? That's nothing. and none of that is causing any issues (except maybe VZW). And since the HD/Maxx allows you to disable almost 100% of those? There was one VZW app I couldn't disable.

Hardware/Build quality issues? That I could believe having had to return my own RAZR HD when I first got it.

As I've told you again and again Jimmy and this latest issue makes me believe it even more: your phone is broken. So when the VZW guy told you: yea, we have lots of problems with these. You just said: "Ok". And left??? Eff that. You should have walked out of there with a replaced phone....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Samsung has so much bloat that your 16GB phone has 9 GB of usable space...