I just rec'd a Moto Z2 force

Spark1124

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z2 Force
When I turn on the hotspot my Toshiba Satellite L875D with windows 10 can't see it. Verizon sent me a 2nd Z2 and that doesn't work either. So I went to Staples all the new HP and Dell laptops can see the hotspot. I also have two Moto Z Force which works fine.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
are you making a comment about the problem or are you wanting help?

if you are wanting help, try accessing the hotspot with your laptop from safemode with network. this will help to see if any of your security utilities might be blocking it.

7 ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 | Digital Citizen

also. can the laptop see other wifi networks?

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I concur with @me just sayin. It sounds like the problem is not in the phone, but in that laptop.

I have used WiFi Hotspot with my Z Force Droid on 2 different laptops (one running Win 7 and one Win 10) with no issues. My Z Force connects them to the Internet faster than my Samsung work phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh...forgot to mention... welcome to the Forum. There is great group of members here, so hang around and enjoy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Spark1124

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z2 Force
Thank you for your replies. I tried safe mode but then I couldn't turn on my WiFi. I know it's a computer problem. I had almost the same problem back in April 2013 when I got the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Back then I contacted Motorola and they told me to go into a dos prompt and add something or change something. I just can't remember what it was and I don't know if it would be the same thing for this phone. I don't even know if I'm going to keep the Z2 because they cut down on the battery size. Yes my laptop can see alott of networks including my two Z force phones. It's just the Z2 that it can't see.

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
is win10 the original os? If not, did you go to the laptop manufacturers website and download and install their network driver for your specific computer model?

also you said you did boot into safemode but was it safemode with network? two different places.

that is all I can think of. sorry if it is not much help.

plumber75

Reaction score
Phone is beautiful, one glitch last night. I had to reboot the Z2 because it would not connect to my Google WiFi at home. The network was visible on the phone just wouldn't connect. After the reboot everything was golden.
Pleased with my purchase.