I Give Up.....maybe

RyTheGuy

Reaction score
I am VERY techno-illiterate. So any advice given here has to be put in terms a 5 year old could understand I am afraid. Give me a sheet music to almost any musical instrument and I'll make beuatiful music for you, but when it comes down to the inner functions of my device, which I love, I'm back in the last century.

I rooted my Bionic back in February, it took me two weeks to figure out how to to do it. Since then, I've flashed one ROM and haven't done much else to the device. I am seeing all kinds of posts about Android version upgrades and I've not been able to get an OTA system update since I rooted. I am still sitting on 2.3.4 version 5.5.886.XT875.

I really enjoy some of the customizations, speed and freedom that come from different ROMs when I see them demonstrated, but after every time I go to any of the links, to download a ROM on Rootzwiki or others that I've seen in here, they are either already closed or perhaps I am just doing something thing wrong?

Someone mentioned Forever Root and then someone else turned right around and said, don't do that , do this instead. I sit and stare at my screen for an hour trying to make sense of it all before deciding to leave things as they are.

There has to be an easier way of figuring this all out without worrying if I am going to end up with the equivalent of my old Droid I right? Or do I just chuck it all and unroot and suffer with a great device chained by my inablility to fully understand how it works?