I can't seem to get my mobile hotspot to work

kennyc

Reaction score
I have paid for the service, have set it up using and can connect my laptop to the Droid but there is no internet connectivity. Anyone seen this?

Humpa

Reaction score
I have paid for the service, have set it up using and can connect my laptop to the Droid but there is no internet connectivity. Anyone seen this?
I've seen on windows7 that it all seems connected, except with no internet. That dialog window where you have to choose Public, Work, or Home type of internet connection needs to be completed first - and I've seen that window get hidden behind others so that you aren't aware that there is a nag awaiting your attention.

I assume your phone has a good 3G signal?

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
I've seen on windows7 that it all seems connected, except with no internet. That dialog window where you have to choose Public, Work, or Home type of internet connection needs to be completed first - and I've seen that window get hidden behind others so that you aren't aware that there is a nag awaiting your attention.

I assume your phone has a good 3G signal?

Yes the signal is good. The phone internet (e.g. browsing/email) all works fine.

Just now tried it here at work - previous attempts have been from home -- and did get it to work properly....no nag screens or anything.

Will revisit at home this evening...there may be some configuration difference in my work laptop and my netbook (xp) and/or home desktop...

At least now I know it's not an issue with it not being enabled at Verizon or some such.

I don't know that I want to keep it and pay $20/month for limited traffic, but did want to try it out.

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Okay so there seems to be some issue with my desktop (win7-64) and my netbook -- neither seems to want to connect properly.

But I was able to connect via Verizon/DroidX hotspot using my work laptop and it was fine....not sure what the issue at home is, but at least I know it works. (also tested the hotspot-worklaptop combo from home and it worked as well).

I'll keep plugging ahead. I really not convince I'm going to keep the hotspot feature at all though....probably won't at $20/month...