Huawei not giving up

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Look like Huawei is not going to give up the US market. I wonder if they are going sell directly to the public or if they are going stick with online third-party sales from sites like amazon. If they play their cards right, and the phone does not have any major issues, they could set up a network across the US that rivals apple. This is their chance. but then who knows, maybe next, the government will try to keep the service providers from activating their phones.

"We are committed to the US market and to earning the trust of US consumers by staying focused on delivering world-class products and innovation," Yu told CNET in an email. "We would never compromise that trust."

Huawei says it isn't quitting US despite 'groundless suspicions'

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
$1100 is only Porsche editions... Most others are priced nicely.. Unfortunately it's an uphill battle for them

Pixel 2 XL

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
$1100 is only Porsche editions... Most others are priced nicely.. Unfortunately it's an uphill battle for them

Pixel 2 XL
Regular p20 starts at $800. Nicely priced for me is $300, which is the most I've ever paid for a phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Regular p20 starts at $800. Nicely priced for me is $300, which is the most I've ever paid for a phone.
P20 is not a phone to be priced at $300 with its specs and target ... Mate SE.. Honor line .. Mate 10 lite... Those are phones more in line..

Pixel 2 XL

Wilsondrake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
$1100 for Huawei phone? Ooook
Why not ? Huawei is making some very competitive phones. And since its inception in the smartphone's market it is doing wonders unlike brands like HTC, Motorolla and others which existed but could not keep up with the market.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you would think that not being with a carrier the phones would be a little cheaper in order to make inroads.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I'm not in the market for a Huawei phone right now, their new Matebook X Pro laptop has caught my eye and I hope its US release doesn't get tangled up in all this whoooHaa.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
While I'm not in the market for a Huawei phone right now, their new Matebook X Pro laptop has caught my eye and I hope its US release doesn't get tangled up in all this whoooHaa.

only if you were going to get it as best buy :) they are dumping all Huawei devices.