HTC Rezound ICS update and Places app forces reboot...

hollyk83

Reaction score
SO long story short I have had the ICS update for almost 2 weeks. The first week my phone was awful especially w/ the battery life. Then I noticed the battery life improved for about 5 days and now its back to horrible. Today it died in 5 hours and 7 minutes and I had NO app's running, no mobile network, no wi-fi, didn't make one phone call and had a handful of texts and so on. Does anyone have any tips?? Prior to the ics update I got 8-12 hours out of my battery daily (from what I hear is rare) But 5 hours seems a little too short?!

I have been trying to use my Places app and everytime I go to search my phone shuts down and restarts. Anyone else having this problem or know the fixes?

I am also getting an error message said "unable to send your msg at this time" however the msg sends but the error msg stays on my phone at the bottom of my screen. I also was unable to make outbound calls yesterday until I restarted it.

Any help would be appreciated as I am starting to get a little frustrated

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
About your "places" app. If it uses Google Maps and you took the last upgrade of maps, that is what's causing your phone to reboot. It's a known problem with the Rezounds and the current version of ICS they are running. Some have also complained about the "Maps" update killing the battery too. The first thing you want to do is uninstall the "Maps" update and see what happens.

Also follow these tips. They do help. If all else fails get an extended battery. I've gone as long as 2 1/2 days on a single charge with moderate use.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/smartphone-battery-discussion/210087-battery-life-tips.html

OP
H

hollyk83

Reaction score
About your "places" app. If it uses Google Maps and you took the last upgrade of maps, that is what's causing your phone to reboot. It's a known problem with the Rezounds and the current version of ICS they are running. Some have also complained about the "Maps" update killing the battery too. The first thing you want to do is uninstall the "Maps" update and see what happens.

Also follow these tips. They do help. If all else fails get an extended battery. I've gone as long as 2 1/2 days on a single charge with moderate use.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/smartphone-battery-discussion/210087-battery-life-tips.html

Thank you...I follow all of those steps except vibrate so I'm hoping your right about Maps!! :) I will uninstall the update and see if I notice a difference this week. I use places frequently and I suppose it wouldn't be as a big of a problem if I wasn't going out of town this Thur knowing I will need places the entire time out of state. Thanks for your help!

Epic

Reaction score
Still have the issue?

Sorry to Necro the Thread, but I think it would be okay if I asked this in here any way.

I just bought an Unlocked Rezound from eBay Unlocked for $135. Its only my second smart phone, so I am happy with it as long as it all work as it should, but now I am starting to feel like I got douped because everyone around, even this year seems to be complaining about this phone having many issues. I am worried. I really was on a budget though, only other option would have being Droid Razzr.

Did you continue to have issues with your Rezound? I hope mine is not defective, weird beeps, and rebooting and stuff. Ugh, it gets here in 5 days, but please reply and let me know, I would appreciated it.