How would i use PDAnet to get internet for my PS3

hoing

Reaction score
i am a new droid owner, and i got the droid for this very thing
can someone link me to a guide on how to set this up? - pdanet to get internet for droid or if not a guide for something else

-running UD 7.8
1.2 kernal

OP
H

hoing

Reaction score
by guide i mean a step by step guide - from basically starting up phone lol (new to pdanet)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont know if there's a guide, because a lot of us dont like the idea of this happening, but you basically have to bridge the network connection to provide a real (ethernet) network connection to the PS3, it cant see ad-hoc networks.

OP
H

hoing

Reaction score
uhh...what lol? i think what i do is plug my usb into phone and into laptop and press enable usb tether...but then again nothing is that simple

can u be more specific please mam?

droidilac

Reaction score
The wifi "network" the droid provides is called "ad hoc" which isn't recognizable by PS3. You would have to tether it to your laptop and then make a new network and allow other computers/devices to share your computer's internet connection. Then run an ethernet cable (oversized phone looking one, sorry just in case lol) from your computer to your playstion. In other words your PS3 will have a wired connection and not wireless as it doesn't recognize ad hoc style broadcasts.

I wish you the best of luck and please let us know if VZ hits with charges for tethering to your PS3. Also feel free to state your data usage at the end of your billing cycle. Lol