How to use multimedia station to sync Contacts list

KCav

Reaction score
Recently I imported my Contacts lists into a Gmail Contacts list because I perform email on 4 PCs in addition to my Droid, and wanted to have a central place I can update, and then sync to other devices.

When I place my DROID in the multimedia docking station what do I need to do in order to sync my gmail Contacts list stored in the Cloud with Contacts list stored on my DROID.

KC

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The dock is irrelevant. It's no different than connecting your Droid via a USB cable. If you want to sync via USB then you need some sort of sync solution. I'm not aware of any for syncing with the cloud. The Droid has wireless capabilities so you don't need to dock it to sync with the cloud. Maybe I'm missing something though. Can you clarify exactly what you're trying to attempt?

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
The way I update my Contacts is by logging onto the Internet and going to iGoogle, gmail, Contacts. Then I type the information. What if when I update Contacts in gmail the battery on my DROID is dead, and when I dock my DROID in the Motorola Multimedia Station the battery recharges, but the interruption in power somehow caused inaccurate synchronization. Is it possible to validate the Contacts on the DROID with the Contacts in my gmail list whenever I use the Motorola Multimedia Station to rechaarge my DROID?

turdbogls

Reaction score
IIRC all google contact syncing is done over wifi or 3G. I didn't even know it was possible to sync it over cable...haha.

just hit the "sync" button on your power widget and everything should update to the correct information. i get lots of numbers for work and (usually while i am on my computer) so i just plug them into gmail contacts and they are on the phone within a couple minutes.

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Where is the power widget ?

kc