how to tether via usb

ducaton

Reaction score
I'm new here. Is there a guide somewhere here (can merge/move this thread there) for usb tethering with galaxy s3? Everytime i allow usb tether it says something about calling customer service for mobile hotspot subscription. I have verizon wireless network. Is subscribing really necessary? Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ecbranch5

Reaction score
There are apps that allow you to do this. I have (Easy Tether) app that I use with my GS3 and haven't had any problems with it. You can try it out with the free version and if it works you can buy the pro version. Good luck.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I just downloaded Pdanet last night. You can use either a USB or Bluetooth. The usb works great for me but make sure you select "hide tether" otherwise you'll get that notice you saw before about customer service.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I used PDAnet for years with both my droid eris and my HTC Rezound. it works great via usb. You will also have to download the PDAnet application on your computer. You will find instructions on their website. PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android Pretty self explanatory though. Now that i have the S3 i use FoxFi. It allows for wifi tethering, which is pretty awesome considering many of the tablets wont work with USB tethers.