Using stock USB tether. Will VZW throttle?

yiannis

Reaction score
Is there a limit to how much data we're allowed to use when tethered with a USB cable using the Bionic USB tethering option under Settings/Wireless Networks/Tethering & Mobile Hotspot?

I want to videochat using Skype and I'm wondering if VZW will throttle my connection, when tethered to the PC or on the phone?

Thanks!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to have a hotspot plan to use the built in hotspot feature. And 4g data isn't throttled yet, only 3g.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
But I'm using the wired usb tether for one pc which clearly doesn't require a hotspot payment because I'm using it without one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Yea bionic can teather for free. Hotspot feature is pay though. Foxfi seems to do the trick on that. Not that i use it. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
I use FoxFi like it's my job! Never ran into any problems (throttling and such) as long as I've got 4G I'm good. I average around 25G a month and Verizon has never charged me. I'm unlimited on my data and I use it.

B

bens42608

I use FoxFi like it's my job! Never ran into any problems (throttling and such) as long as I've got 4G I'm good. I average around 25G a month and Verizon has never charged me. I'm unlimited on my data and I use it.

+1
Lmao. Like its my job. That's great.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
yiannis said:
Is there a limit to how much data we're allowed to use when tethered with a USB cable using the Bionic USB tethering option under Settings/Wireless Networks/Tethering & Mobile Hotspot?

I want to videochat using Skype and I'm wondering if VZW will throttle my connection, when tethered to the PC or on the phone?

Thanks!

There is a simple hack to be able to use the stock mobile hotspots without third party apps

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
There is a simple hack to be able to use the stock mobile hotspots without third party apps
Second post you posted this.......................what is the hack:icon_ lala: dont keep us all in suspense man:blink:

coop8070

Reaction score
The hack is an SQL edit that requires root, I used to do that until I discovered foxfi which doesn't require root. Which is nice because I can swap my phone with limited warranty at anytime without having to rsdlite the heck out of it lol. Oh btw I used 78 gigs last month, Netflix and world of warcraft beta :)