How to tether Ipad with Droid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The easiest way is step by step. There are one-click root apps out but alot of users have issues from them. When I sat down at my computer to root, I knew absolutely NOTHING about it. The guides and this community got me through it and I'm never going back to stock. :dancedroid:

For people that don't know alot about computers is rooting hard? I know there's step by step instructions but does anyone know the easiest way?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidkeeper

Reaction score
Do I have to downgrade back to 2.1 to root? What about unrooting?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not since there are root guides for rooting 2.2, you can start right where you are! Some of the guides include an unroot guide as well. The best advice I can give (and can't stress enough) is to take your time and follow each step down to the letter. Even IF it somehow got bricked (not easy to do), there's guides for that too! Pretty awesome community we're apart of!

Do I have to downgrade back to 2.1 to root? What about unrooting?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wait a minute...you have a X?? That's a lil above my head as far as getting around the locked bootloader..

OP
D

droidkeeper

Reaction score
I have an x but my mom has a droid and the ipad. I haven't dared to root either but if I did I would try hers first since she could always use my phone if I ruined hers.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They have different methods but, the Droid is VERY easy to do! We're here if you need any help! Happy rooting!!

I have an x but my mom has a droid and the ipad. I haven't dared to root either but if I did I would try hers first since she could always use my phone if I ruined hers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

ammodroid

Reaction score
I downloaded the tethering program and it works well on the droid, however I cant use the wifi on my ipad. The Ipad recognized the signal and access it but when I go to use it it says "connecting" but never does..Am I doing something wrong guys? I also downloaded barnicle and it does the same!!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I used WIRELESS TETHER.
qr_code_gc.png

This may sound silly, but are you attempting to connect as an open unencrypted network? Try first connecting with all of the settings on your Droid as open, a simple one word SSID, and discoverable.

Then if it connects and gives you an IP address disconnect and then change your network. Begin to edit your network attributes one by one until you're happy with the configuration.

rotordroid

Reaction score
I just got my girlfriend an iPad for her birthday on the 21st. We tethered it using Wireless tether on my rooted DX just fine.

SIDE NOTE. I want a 10 inch Android tab but they're taking forever. I'm seriously thinking about the iPad for myself this week. I liked using it while watching TV in the basement and not having to go to the computer room upstairs to fiddle with email or check something out online.

Get the color Nook and root it :)