How to remove GDE app?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I have removed the GDE home app but I still get the screen would you like to use this as a default? How can I remove it for good?

Thanks for the help

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Sounds like it was not removed. Check in Settings/Applications/Manage applications and see if it's in the list and uninstall or check in Market/Downloads and see if it shows as installed and uninstall/delete it.

ericcsong

Reaction score
go to settings,
then applications,
then manage applications
then gde
then uninstall

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Droid doesn't know what you want to use as a default. So if the suggestions above don't help, try setting another home screen app for your default and you shouldn't see the message asking which home screen app to use.

If you don't want to select a default because you want to have the option of using two or more home screen apps (but not GDE), try setting the default to one of them and then unsetting the default checkmark and see if that eliminates GDE from your set of choices.

To ease your pain in all this you might try downloading "HomeSwitcher" from the market. It's a free app and allows you to move seamlessly between different home screens and set the default from the app.