How to get rid of bloat on Droid 2?

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
how do i flash a custom rom on droid 2? thought you couldnt get restore cuz it had a bootloader locked o rosmehtin

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do i flash a custom rom on droid 2? thought you couldnt get restore cuz it had a bootloader locked o rosmehtin

Wow...you have some fun ahead of you...first you will have to root...then I can help you flash ROMs...so...your on the update .607 right? If so, and you want to root, go to one click Droid 3 root...it will root your device easily...then you can flash away! I'm always on A custom Rom but cm7 is my fave!!

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will have to root to mess with your bloatware anyway....k? Let me know what you would like to do....this forum is very usefull..:)

macman4

Reaction score
Don't mean to highjack, but I would like to try a rom. I have installed the OTA gingerbread update and rooted, and also have made a backup with the Droid 2 Bootstrapper. To make it simple I would like to try the rom that you use droid2drummer. I have a few questions. I have downloaded a few apps, will I loose them when a flash a new rom and will I be able to go back to the backup I made with Boostrapper. I'm ready to flash a new rom:icon_ banana:.....any help would be apperciated

..................................Thanks

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to highjack, but I would like to try a rom. I have installed the OTA gingerbread update and rooted, and also have made a backup with the Droid 2 Bootstrapper. To make it simple I would like to try the rom that you use droid2drummer. I have a few questions. I have downloaded a few apps, will I loose them when a flash a new rom and will I be able to go back to the backup I made with Boostrapper. I'm ready to flash a new rom:icon_ banana:.....any help would be apperciated

..................................Thanks

You will lose your apps unless, you back them up via backup app...prefer myself to always use titanium backup..after you back up...Wipe data and cache and dalvick cache...then, install the latest revnumbers ota gingerbread kernel cm7 dated 9/2 on his site..after you have downloaded this file....then bootstrap recovery...wipe as stated above...and install zip from sd card..then also add the google apps...before rebooting..so...

After you have the file
Reboot to recovery
Wipe all caches and data(important!! Then in advanced you'll find dalvick..
Then mounts and storage click on "mount" it will then say unmount (system)
Then go back (power button)
Choose zip from sd card...
Look in your download folder and make sure you have the correct file..and click on it.(cm7 gb 9/2 or something close)
Hit yes
After about 35+ seconds it will (should) say complete
Before rebooting choose zip again and go to download folder and find gapps (I use the 7/29 has the updated market)
Then after its done it will again say complete(should)
Now hit power to go back and hit reboot!
It will take a bit...but you should see a killer new cm7mod bootani!
Sign in and go!! The market may dl your apps again...some
Do not restore data on your apps or restore system apps..it will warn you of a system app...
Now have fun...however remember PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
DO NOT USE BOOTSTRAP EVER EVER ON CM7...
Your power button will now prompt the option under reboot..it will have recovery and all......peace and let me know or the forum when you do this so we can guide you!!! Peace! Happy ROMing....the drummer:)

macman4

Reaction score
"install the latest revnumbers ota gingerbread kernel cm7" not sure were to find this....