How to get email on the front

jt2006

Reaction score
Is there any way to get specific email accounts on the home page. Not the button email but the actual email account.

Silver Member
Reaction score
wut? like as in a home page in the browser or a widget for your desktop?

raven1911

Reaction score
I am not understanding why you would need this? Simply press the gmail or email icon and it brings you directly to your email. How much more simple do you need?

JayMonster

Reaction score
There is one for K-9 mail call... appropriately enough MailWidget. That is the only one I was able to find. If you need for Exchange, I am pretty sure it is part of the TouchDown For Exchange app.

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is one for K-9 mail call... appropriately enough MailWidget. That is the only one I was able to find. If you need for Exchange, I am pretty sure it is part of the TouchDown For Exchange app.
psst, we still don't know what OP is REALLY talking about...

GolfProRM

Reaction score
being a former blackberry user, I know exactly what the OP is talking about. With the BB, if you had multiple email accounts setup on the phone, you could have each inbox separate, and have an icon for each e-mail account that went only to that account's messages. I believe this is the feature the OP is looking for. A way to go directly into any single one of multiple email accounts.

JayMonster

Reaction score
psst, we still don't know what OP is REALLY talking about...

I could be wrong of course (wouldn't be the first time), but I did think I understood what was wanted... a widget that you could see your inbox (for a certain account) from so that you don't have to open the app to quickly view or delete an e-mail. At least that is how I understood it.

mjs31

Reaction score
Actually...I think golfpro has the right idea. If you have multiple email account he just wants the individual folders or icons for each of those. BB did have this option. May not be exactly what you are looking for, but long pressing the screen then selecting shortcuts will give you a gmail label option. From there you can select your account and decide what you want. I doubt this will show new email on the individual labels though. Probably is an app that will do what you need.

lemodular

Reaction score
Actually...I think golfpro has the right idea. If you have multiple email account he just wants the individual folders or icons for each of those. BB did have this option. May not be exactly what you are looking for, but long pressing the screen then selecting shortcuts will give you a gmail label option. From there you can select your account and decide what you want. I doubt this will show new email on the individual labels though. Probably is an app that will do what you need.

correct, and you can add any email account, not just Gmail. It will create an separate icon for each account. It's not a widget, but prob. should be (similar to Pure Calendar).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Long Press->Shortcuts->Email->(select email account) do this?

deputydog95

Reaction score
I just tried that. It went shortcut, gmail label, then select the gmail account, and then select inbox.

That threw an icon on the desktop called inbox. However, if you put more than one gmail inbox on desktop, you have multiple icons on there that just say "inbox" and you aren't able to tell them apart. As far as I can tell you can't rename the icon. Or can you?

lemodular

Reaction score
I just tried that. It went shortcut, gmail label, then select the gmail account, and then select inbox.

That threw an icon on the desktop called inbox. However, if you put more than one gmail inbox on desktop, you have multiple icons on there that just say "inbox" and you aren't able to tell them apart. As far as I can tell you can't rename the icon. Or can you?

You can rename the email accounts if not already. Each icon will be labeled per account's name.

deputydog95

Reaction score
All the emails have separate names. However, when you go into an individual email account for the label, it does what I described above. It's not putting the email account up on the desktop per se, but rather one of the gmail labels from the account. Unfortunately they are all called inbox on each account. This seems to be a minor flaw with this setup when using multiple accounts. I'm not sure what the fix is....

lemodular

Reaction score
try adding the gmail accounts to the default email app (not the Gmail app), you can then name each accounts and then make a shortcut. I will try it and let you know...