How to Direct Unwanted Callers Grouply to Voicemail

asforel

Reaction score
Is there someone you just wish would stop calling, but you don’t want to turn off your phone or activate the Airplane Mode, because you still need other people to be able to reach you? Or do you have friends that call you at work all the time? No problem, since Android lets you send unwanted callers directly to voicemail.
On devices featuring the HTC Sense UI:

• Start the People application.
  • Tap on the contact you want to send straight to voicemail.
  • Scroll down to the Information category in the resulting screen, and tap on Send to voicemail. You will be asked to confirm the action, press OK and that’s it.
people-app-information-screen-shot.png

For HTC Sense phones that have yet to receive the Froyo update, the procedure is slightly different:

• Launch the People app.
  • Tap on the contact you want to redirect to voicemail.
  • Press the Menu button and select Edit.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the list of options and check the Send calls directly to voicemail box.
On devices running Vanilla Android:

• Open the person’s profile in your standard Contacts list.
  • Press the Menu button, tap Options and check the Send calls directly to voicemail box under Incoming calls.
copy.png

jgumphress

Reaction score
Yes, get Automatic Call Block from the Market, free. Also I use Reverse Lookup. The first will let you block Private and Unknown numbers. The other will let you look up a number that came into your phone and see who it belongs to, then it gives you the option to block all future calls from that number , also free.

Nidisa

Reaction score
"Send directly to voicemail" via contacts/options broke awhile ago on my stock Droid.

I HIGHLY recommend Extreme Call Blocker to handle unwanted calls. You can either block a call entirely, or send it to voicemail. You can also input specific numbers or types of numbers; ones that are unlisted and show as Unknown, and or any number that calls your phone that is not listed in your contact list.

It's the only thing I've found that 100% works. It's not free,but I don't care, it works!

the9oo9

Reaction score
hey, i have Samsung gt-S6500D Android version 2.3.6
and this option is not on my contacts options and i really need to divert some contacts to my voice mail.
i hope that you would help me :D
thanks .....