How to change on call color scheme

Ajenda79

Reaction score
Hi,
I was curious if there was a simple way to change the color scheme during an active call?

Diordna

Reaction score
huh?

Like putting on a custom theme in general would change it if you don't like it but not like randomly changing colors during a call?

OP
A

Ajenda79

Reaction score
I guess it would be considered a theme change. Basically I wanted a different color scheme then what is loaded by default, which is the green numpad and black background. I thought if I applied a new wallpaper it would give an option to change it, but that was not the case. I am sure there is an app available for such a thing, I just wanted to check if there was a settings change I haven't noticed.

Diordna

Reaction score
I would just put on a different theme all together, but it would cause you to root (which isn't hard) unless you are already rooted.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would just put on a different theme all together, but it would cause you to root (which isn't hard) unless you are already rooted.

exactly it would require root.

if your rooted you would need to pull phone.apk from /system/app/

unpack the apk then look in /res/drawable-hdpi/

and edit all the files that start with bg_in_call_gradient(should be 1st 6 files) to suit your needs.

then simply push the phone.apk file back to /system/app/

if you do this make sure you back that file up and i'm not responsible if you fubar your phone.

Last edited:
OP
A

Ajenda79

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think I will look into other options since I haven't rooted the phone, and I don't feel too confident to do that quite yet, since I am new.