How to change default music heard by incoming callers?

wwgron

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a question - my Motorola Droid plays some sort of a classical music clip that is heard by people before calling me before I answer my phone.

What is the procedure to change this music?

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered elsewhere on this message board. I searched, but could not find a solution.

Thanks,

Ron

baniels

Reaction score
I think this is something set up with your service provider - not the Droid. I think Verizon calls this a Ringback tone.

hailster

Reaction score
I had this same issue after upgrading from my Blackberry to my Droid. Luckily I called myself a few hours after getting the phone in order to test something.

In order to change this log into your Verizon account and you should be able to change it once you go into the Ringbacks page.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
O.P. - are you aware it costs $0.99 (99 cents) per month to have ringback tones on your line? Didn't know if you knew that or not.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Thats also .99 for every line on the plan too. Our family plan has 5 lines so it was not hard to see why i immediately took that off. Its easy to change from the myverizon website.

slinky

Reaction score
Rule #1 - if it's ridiculously easy to provide and standard, Verizon Wireless will charge you for "the service."

slinky

Reaction score
Who offers ringback tones as standard?

I don't know. But I do know that with Verizon you must assume that you are being charged for anything not 110% basic. They are by far the worst "let's offer it as a service" company on the planet. On the Droid the Visual Voice Mail is on the gray area of false advertising - download it! Update it! Oh, by the way, that will cost you $3 a month.