1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How is everyone liking the Bionic? Thinking about upgrading.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by wingdo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. wingdo

wingdo New Member

My girlfriend is finally looking to ditch AT&T and her feature phone for a VZW Android phone. I have a TBolt at the moment, but she just wants a Android 4G phone and really likes mine. So I have the opportunity to have her buy the Bionic at Costco along with the free docks / battery package they are offering and I can just give her my TBolt and all the accessories I have (same ones as are in the Costco package for the Bionic).

I am just wondering how people are enjoying the Bionic. I like the TBolt, but I do miss the feel of my old D1 and the Bionic seems to have a feel *I* like.

How is everyone enjoying theirs now? Any major issues (aside from the expected short battery life)?
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

Nothing major so far in my experience. Some minor annoyances, but nothing that is a deal breaker.
    GREAT device IMO.
  3. h1br1d7heory

h1br1d7heory New Member

I had the OG DROID, then the DROID Pro before this. BY FAR the BEST experience I have ever had from a phone!!! Totally lives up to its expectations!!
  4. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I moved up from the OG Droid and love it.
  5. wingdo

wingdo New Member

That's all great to hear. I was originally hoping for the Bionic, but with all the push backs of the dates, I ended up with the TBolt. My GF loves my phone and wanted to get one for herself. Having her get the Bionic and then doing a number swap seemed like a no brainer as long as people were liking the Bionic.

I like the TB, but I truly miss the feel of a Moto device.
  6. Droid_Fanatic

Droid_Fanatic New Member

While I really like my Bionic, I would like to make a suggestion. Do not base decisions on people's opinions. If interested in the Bionic go check it out, if still interested make the purchase. You have a period of time that you can test it for yourself and return it if you decide the phone is not for you. Sorry if this comes off differently than intended but the idea is that we all have different likes and dislikes therefore only you can make that decision. Now I will say that I have had no major problems with mine. I will also say that I have not found a reason to feel that I should return it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. wingdo

wingdo New Member

I understand your point and it is well taken. But since the Bionic would be bought for one account (not mine) and then switched over to my account, taking the phone back if I am unhappy with it would be a bit of a hassle.

I am not really looking for opinions like "motoblur / ninjablur / miniblur / somethingorother-blur sucks, I want plain Vanilla". What I am looking for is whether 4G is more stable on the Bionic (it's not so much on my TBolt). Whether there are issues with the physical keys. You know, the basic lines of "wow this is a problem a lot of people are having".

I've been running Android since the day the OG was released, and am quite capable of dealing with rooting to remove blur if I choose. Again, I am looking for issues people are having with the hardware itself. The only reason I stuck with the TB as opposed to returning it is I needed the 4G hotspot functionality as it has allowed me to not need a 4G MiFi device. Yes, I pay for unlimited data and unlimited hotspot data.
  8. Speeding Wheels

to quote an old Nike slogan...

JUST DO IT :):icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:
  9. camaro1173

camaro1173 Member

Moved up from the original Droid and all I have to stay is that you will not be disappointed at all I love it fast no lag screen in my eye's is great.
  10. yiannis

yiannis New Member

The only reasons I would discourage someone from buying the Bionic are the following :

1) You are looking for stellar still pictures capture or viewing (video is great). The still photos leave a lot to be desired and the screen is just way too bright and sometimes posterizes shadows. The sub-pixel grid pattern is rarely an annoyance.

2) you plan to use your phone very heavily and will not have access to battery chargers during daytime. 40 minutes of still site (no video or flash) eat up 15 of standard battery.

3) You don't have LTE in your area.
  11. Caesarg

Caesarg New Member

Luvin it!

Got the phone in the am from Costco on day 1. So far I absolutely love the phone. I also had an OG Droid prior to the bionic. I really have no complaints. The phone out and out flies. Now this is in comparison to an OG. The biggest thing I have seen people complain about is the screen but I personally and this is only my opinion, do not see what the problem is. I have used a magnifying glass and have not been able to see any jagged edges or whatever else people have seen. Now I am older and do wear glasses but I would hope I am not that bad.

So....with all that said...I would still agree with the post that said to go in and try it first. Everyone has their own opinion but it is just that, their opinion. When all is said and done it is only your opinion that counts.

Good luck.
  12. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

+1 Have to agree...
  13. mandragora

mandragora New Member

I also moved from OG to Bionic. So far it has been great. Very snappy. No Lag. No Waiting. dancedroid
  14. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

To the OP,
    You may want to scroll down and look at some of the closed threads in this forum.
  15. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Well besides just finding out I have a bad digitizer, I love the phone. No other problems.
  16. Speeding Wheels

what symptom is the bad digitizer causing?
    sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have not heard this yet.
  17. Arkbird

18. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive New Member

I'm loving mine so far. Came from an OG Droid and I *LOVED* that phone, the Bionic is a worthy successor. I almost didn't get it because when I went to the VZW store to check one out I really didn't like the screen. I guess I'm one of *those* people. Coming from the D1 the pentile screen on the Bionic did not look great to me at all. However, I bought one anyway and since then I guess I've gotten used to it and don't notice it as much anymore. I think it was just viewing the 2 phones side by side it was pretty obvious, it looks like viewing a screen through a very fine mesh. Its more noticeable on some things/images than others. The camera is a non-issue for me. I've probably taken 2 dozen phone pictures in my life, going back to my first phone with a camera, Nokia 3650. It's just not something I ever do for some reason. I guess being married to a photographer I never have need to use a phone camera. (Although it is easier to carry around than my wife ;-) )
  19. Speeding Wheels

ahhhhhh!!! ok so we now have confirmation that the touchscreen issues are faulty digitizers.
    I'm SO glad to have that answer now!!!

Sorry it happened to you, but the silver lining to that cloud is that you're on this forum and able to help others :)

We owe you a THANK YOU for putting up with that.. I hope the replacement is 100% once you get it.
  20. Arkbird

Thanks! I only wonder why it goes haywire when I try to charge it and not any other time. This doesn't happen to you when you charge yours and try to type or use the touch screen?

And Verizon better give me a replacement, I've had this phone since release!