how do you perform a hard reset on the D4?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I was wondering how to do a hard reset since a battery pull is not possible. Lol. I tried the power and volume + and - both separately and together but could not get it to work. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Sparkimus

Reaction score
You have to hold both the power and volume down button together for 10 seconds. It says so in the manual and under the battery cover.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
whoops. Guess that's what I get for nit reading the manual. Thanks for answering.

Kack

Reaction score
My wife had a problem where her D4 would not turn on. she tried charging it with an assortment of chargers tried resetting it per the instructions and none of that worked for her so she took it to VZW <i was out of town so i could not help her> they could not get it to charge or work so they ordered her a new clnr. well i finally got home a day later and plugged it into the charger and nothing came up! then i unplugged and plugged it in again and tried the reset at this time. boom a lil battery showed up showing 0%. so i let it charge for 20 minutes and it booted right up. so has anyone else seen this happen when the phone completely dies? The d4 being a pain to charge after completely dying?

OP
bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have only had my D4 for 2 weeks and have yet to let it die completely. The lowest I have let it get to is 5%. Battery life is much better than I had thought it would be due to the reviews I read. But I will remember that when I go to reset my battery stats. Thanks for heads up on a possible issue.