How do you keep radio going?

Retire36

Reaction score
When I have Pandora or Iheart on they turn off after 3-5 minutes. Is there way to make the radio stay on?

Thanks

Dave

Djanvk

Reaction score
The music turns off, or the screen does?

If its the screen there is a setting in the app the keep it on.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I never had this happen EVER. I listen to Pandora all the time without a charger. This is false information that you need it plugged in to keep it on. I play Pandora for hours at a time without this happening. There has to be some underlying problem with your phone or system. Unfortunately, I have no clue what your problem may be.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yeah.. you don't need a charger for it to keep playing.. the screen will go off but the music or radio should stay on. You try un/reinstalling it?

and I type this from my Droid.

jaba14

Reaction score
Do you have Juice Defender or anything like that? If so, the data connection stops when the screen goes off.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah something is killing your data connection. Or if you are overclocked, do you have a profile that makes the phone drop REALLY low when the screen goes off? This may be causing it too.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
There is a thread about saving the battery life when you turn off the auto update. The problem with this is just what is happening to you, the streaming media Pandora, Sirius or whatever will turn itself off after a few minutes. I don't remember where I found that setting at but this is what cured my issue of the music stopping after a few minutes

Oh yeah, I run Pandora on my drive to work through my BT helmet speakers for about 30 minutes every morning and it only puts my batt. about 2% down, so stream away
Chris

Avodrake

Reaction score
On my Incredible I had the same thing happen to me when I was streaming radio. It was fine for the first weeks and then then the streaming would stop after 3-5 minutes. I discovered it happened when I disabled "always on mobile data" under my mobile networks. I had done this because it was a suggested battery saver. When I went back and enabled this option, radio streaming went back to working without any problems.

Menu/Settings/Wireless & neworks/Mobile networks/Enable always on mobile data - Make sure this is checked

drtnsnw

Reaction score
On my Incredible I had the same thing happen to me when I was streaming radio. It was fine for the first weeks and then then the streaming would stop after 3-5 minutes. I discovered it happened when I disabled "always on mobile data" under my mobile networks. I had done this because it was a suggested battery saver. When I went back and enabled this option, radio streaming went back to working without any problems.

Menu/Settings/Wireless & neworks/Mobile networks/Enable always on mobile data - Make sure this is checked

Thats the one!!!!!

Chris

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OP has a Droid which doesn't have the setting you Incredible users are mentioning. I think it is one of these:

- Have a task killer? Ignore Pandora/iHeart.
- Overclocked? Make sure the "screen off" min speed isn't too low.
- Have a battery saver app like Juice defender? Make sure it doesn't disable data.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
The OP has a Droid which doesn't have the setting you Incredible users are mentioning. I think it is one of these:

- Have a task killer? Ignore Pandora/iHeart.
- Overclocked? Make sure the "screen off" min speed isn't too low.
- Have a battery saver app like Juice defender? Make sure it doesn't disable data.
then I guess he asked in the wrong spot huh :) That'll teach him

Chris