How Do I Send Texts To Mult. Recepimts

Audiophobe

Reaction score
On my Voyager I could create a text and send to multible recipients. I can't figue out how to do it on the Droid.
Any help?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If using the stock messaging app place a comma after the first and add another...repeat.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I don't think I have a "stock" messaging app. Just the green "smiling" icon or I go to contacts and choose the messaging icon.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't think I have a "stock" messaging app. Just the green "smiling" icon or I go to contacts and choose the messaging icon.

That's the stock app...

allikanbe

Reaction score
Download the handcent app and group texts are easier to send. Once you download the free app:

Click on the handcent icon to start a text. Click on the pencil/paper icon on the top left of the screen. Click on the + sign on the right side of the TO: window and you can choose people from your contact list. When you have selected all of them, click on the Menu at the bottom of your Droid and choose End select.
Type your txt msg and send.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I guess what I mean if I'm on a message thread and want to send mult. recipients. So if I am following a thread and want to respond but want to send the same message to someone else.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I guess what I mean if I'm on a message thread and want to send mult. recipients. So if I am following a thread and want to respond but want to send the same message to someone else.

Don't see a way to do that on handcent.....

fredm74

Reaction score
Ohhh, I know what you mean now. All you do is just FORWARD the text. You can do that on handcent. Let's say for example, "Bob" sent you a text and you want to forward the same text to "Lisa" on the thread, all you do is long press the text that Bob sent you. A window will open up with different options for instance "Forward, Copy Message text, View Message details, Delete message, Speak text", you press Forward. Another Text window will open with the text already inside, the next steps are easy, you basically follow what allikanbe posted above.

-Fred