How do I remove a photo that was downloaded and now apears with every song

vwguy8

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm still new to this whole smart-phone and the Droid in general. At one point I had downloaded a picture of a friend and now this picture appears with every song I've downloaded. It's more annoying than anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

OP
V

vwguy8

Reaction score
I have deleted the picture. I'm using whatever player was on the phone when I got it. No matter where I delete it from it still shows up and is the photo default for all the albums I have now. Its become poison!

OP
V

vwguy8

Reaction score
No. I've deleted from every folder I could find it in. I guess its back for tech support.

krott5333

Reaction score
assuming you have a file manager (Astro is good, and free), see if you can find a folder called "AlbumThumbs"

I had the same issue. I deleted the files in there, but I also deleted all my songs from my phone and then re-transferred them from my pc.

Not sure which step solved my problem, but its good now.

PresBoogie

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the default music player. If a song didn't have album art associated with it, the player would randomly select an image as the album art. Very annoying.

My solution :
1) Go to the "albumthumbs" folder on your SD card using a file manager and delete all the files there. Don't worry, you won't lose any album art. The player appears to make copies of your album art in this folder. The originals are elsewhere.
2) Play a song that doesn't have album art. The player will copy the file of a random image into the "albumthumbs" folder.
3) Write down the file name and then delete it from the "albumthumbs" folder.
4) Find an image that you like and manually copy it into the "albumthumbs" folder.
5) Rename it to match the name you wrote down.

Should be a permanent fix. Any song you play that doesn't have album art will use this image now.

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I like the way that usually these typical "issues/bugs" in regards to thumbnails have been simply a flaw that was initially intended to be for convenience. I guess that when adding apps, altering your phone by adding hardware access via application, sometimes certain scripts must conflict and butt their heads together. I remember I had a few glitchy errors with Camera Filter type applications, but once i found an app for that nature that I had prefered, i deleted all camera related apps, and then reinstalled the app of choice. Seems to do the trick for me. Had a fault with random audio playing/pausing when having another application running. Anyway, I too had a dilemma with the little icon. Everytime a song popped up a picture of my girlfriends knockers popped up. Not something you want your kid brother to see. Hahaha :icon_ rofl:

Anyway, I have found "conflicting apps" to be a pretty dominate reason for errors like the one listed above. The thumbnails folder appeared in my gallery after having a third party application that wanted access to read/write to the thumbnails folder. Interesting. The folder then disappeared from my gallery once i deleted said app, and later, purged 2.2 froyo to my motorola droid.

All the info I can provide, given my personal situation.
Maybe someone can compare their experience to mine.

Floyde

Reaction score
Question, how do I save images from the internet and use them? Any help?