horrendous battery life - verizon s3

vidandric

Reaction score
Have a 6 day old s3 and it refuses to hold a charge. Ive downloaded nothing that wasnt on my bionic, and havebt downlloaded nearly anything at all really... handscent, pandora, beautiful widgets, and ive gone through chrome, stock, and dolphin. This is a picture of my phone fresh off a full charge. I sent 4 texts then went to sleep, screen off no apps running. Woke up and my phone was at 3% after 6.5 hours

View attachment 55285View attachment 55286...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
swap it.. my friend had some issues with his tmo version too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have a 6 day old s3 and it refuses to hold a charge. Ive downloaded nothing that wasnt on my bionic, and havebt downlloaded nearly anything at all really... handscent, pandora, beautiful widgets, and ive gone through chrome, stock, and dolphin. This is a picture of my phone fresh off a full charge. I sent 4 texts then went to sleep, screen off no apps running. Woke up and my phone was at 3% after 6.5 hours

View attachment 55285View attachment 55286...

Something is constantly keeping your phone awake. It's not going to sleep like it should when you turn the screen off (as is evidenced by the solid blue bar under Awake in your first screenshot). It's possible that an app is causing it, although there's no evidence of any particular one being a big battery drain. I'd try a factory reset and see if that solves the problem.