"Hidden" ##program Menu on Droid Pro

StingRay

Reaction score
On my Droid(1) I was able to enter "##program" in the dialer which opened a "hidden" menu....as many are aware you could enter this menu and go into option #4 Vocoder and change to ERVC-B in order to help your call sound quality...

I tried this on my Droid Pro, which pulled up such a menu, but there is no "Vocoder" option in the menu....

Has anyone explored this further to determine if a similar option is available to upgrade sound quality either in this menu or another that may be accessed?

google123

Reaction score
That option is there but its under the last listing on the menu, testing settings or something like I don't remember. I don't know if it saves the changes or not though since its the testing menu.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
Cool...thanks!

I went through most but didn't see that one...will give it a shot...

Update: Still not seeing anything that gives me a way to update to ERVC-B like on the Droid...

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
##Program, option 06 Test Mode press Next twice and on third screen listed at top is Service Option. See below.

5l6advf

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Please do check back with an update on whether you notice any call quality change.

Also, I've seen on other boards that other Android devices have multiple hidden menus that allow users to make a variety of changes. Has anyone figured out those other codes for the DP?

RevivaL

Reaction score
Sweet find. I would def like to know if there's any other hidden menus on the phone.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Dumb question from a Droid newbie....... What IS all that? What do those menu options mean and what kind of changes do they make? I'm always looking for ways to improve the operating function of my phone and also ways to UTILIZE every possible option available. Thanks for helping me to learn. :)

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
spydergirl

The "hidden menu" was used on the original Droid by people to try to help improve their call quality....going into that menu and changing to a "EVRC-B" VoCode supposedly gives you a better call quality..

My call quality hasn't really been a problem, but I started thinking that if the Droid Pro had a similar "hidden menu" like the Droid, maybe it could be a way for some to improve the call quality on their phone...

one thing you need to be aware of is that some of the other menu items you really want to watch messing with....can mess up your phone if you aren't careful and you don't remember the original settings....

if you want to try you enter "##program" in your phone dialer...then use a password of "000000" then go to the menu that google123 mentions and change the setting to "EVRC-B"...

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
##Program, option 06 Test Mode press Next twice and on third screen listed at top is Service Option. See below.

5l6advf

thanks 123! I need to dig a little deeper next time....dancedroid

mustahaque

Reaction score
The 000000 SPC Password is not working for me any idea why?
Rooted Droid Pro

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
Make sure you're using 6 "zeros" (0)...then hit confirm....

Problem I see is that when I go in and change the setting to EVRC-B, it changes back to the default setting (EVRC) if I turn off the phone....

didn't work like that on the Droid (1), so not sure if I'm doing something wrong....anyone else seeing this happen?

mustahaque

Reaction score
Yup I am using 6 zeros and it still says "Invalid passcode. Please try again."
I wonder if the SPC Pasword got changed from rooting the phone?

I wish I could help you out... but the passcode is not even working!

google123

Reaction score
Make sure that u press ALT before each time u press the "0" key because I noticed one time I just pressed ALT twice as if to enter six "0" digits and it only entered the zero once and the rest were the letter P. :)

minelson

Reaction score
How do you save the change

How do you save the change you make to the Service Option? I have used the back key until it resets the phone and I do not see a "save" option.

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "save"...exiting or backing out usually saves, but I wasn't ever able to get my changes to the VOC to stick....not sure if I need to be rooted or what...