HELPPP new HTC user..so lost :(

DroidAddict86

Reaction score
I just ordered a droid incredible and I am having buyers remorse. I have the original droid now and am thinking the droid x might be a better fit, but it is SO HUGE, it's inconvenient.

Anyways...Does the htc droid incredible have the led light that blinks when you get texts and facebook messages??? I saw in the store that the screen wakes up from sleep mode and shows the text when you recieve one. Is there anyway to disable that? It seems inconvient in a work situation or others where you don't want your phone flashing or showing a text.

Also, are there any apps or options for the "swipe texting" feature like the droid x has?

How is the droid htc when you have it charging? Is there any charging screen that can light up with the time, liike so it can be seen at night. There is no docking station which is crazy!

Does anyone have the htc or droid x or have experience with both...can't decide which one is better! I am just afraid I cannot get use to the htc but the size and clarity is nice :heart:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't worry people will answer your question, no need to double post...Yes it has led lights, I don't use the stock messaging app but im fairly sure you can turn the wake feature off, and the Incredible does have a version of swype

Pixiefrogw

Reaction score
Does the htc droid incredible have the led light that blinks when you get texts and facebook messages?

Yes it does

I saw in the store that the screen wakes up from sleep mode and shows the text when you receive one. Is there anyway to disable that?

Yes you can set it to no notifications at all or have it set to silent and just have the text icon show in the notification bar.

Also, are there any apps or options for the "swipe texting" feature like the droid x has?

There are several great keyboard apps for the Incredible

How is the droid htc when you have it charging? Is there any charging screen that can light up with the time, like so it can be seen at night.

In normal charging mode the screen is black, but if you put it on Desktop clock it shows the time. It has two settings a dimmer one and a brighter one. It can be vertical or horizontal. You can also set the alarm(s) from that screen.

Does anyone have the htc or droid x or have experience with both...can't decide which one is better! I am just afraid I cannot get use to the htc but the size and clarity is nice :heart:

I have the Incredible and I love it.

SeeEss

Reaction score
In normal charging mode the screen is black, but if you put it on Desktop clock it shows the time. It has two settings a dimmer one and a brighter one. It can be vertical or horizontal. You can also set the alarm(s) from that screen.

What clock or clocks do what you describe above?

Pixiefrogw

Reaction score
In your app drawer there is 'Clock' and 'Desk Clock' both will take you to the same place.