Help!!

snackpak

Reaction score
so there is so much to learn with this thing i feel so out of the loop. i have had the droid for about a week now and im making no progress other then getting some cool apps. i dont know much about anything. i see all these cool... idk even what to call it lol but it involves rom and zipped files and wiping **** out and all this **** HELP. i want to beable to utilize my droid to its full potential otherwise its useless to have if im not. so tell me everything there is to know but in retard language thanks much :)

cisco0910

Reaction score
There is a thread with like 20 very helpful youtube clips. Everything from doing a quick dial to rooting to unrooting. Again, there all step be step youtube videos. The thread was made by pilotcharles, hopefully he can post that link or someone else can. Good luck fellow droidian!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're just going to have to read around.

Welcome to the forum by the way....check out rootyourdroid.info

faxman75

Reaction score
Breath and relax. You should start by just getting used to what it came with. Put some music on it and maybe some tv shows or movies. The easiest way to do this is to get your movies in ipod format first then all the media is simple drop and drag. Now you have a media, phone and internet device to be content with for a bit. I see no reason to mess with rooting unless you have a specific purpose for it.

JasonLee

Reaction score
if you want an impressive ROM to try i would recomend ultimatedroid. the latest version is 6.5 but 7.0 will be coming soon

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so there is so much to learn with this thing i feel so out of the loop. i have had the droid for about a week now and im making no progress other then getting some cool apps. i dont know much about anything. i see all these cool... idk even what to call it lol but it involves rom and zipped files and wiping **** out and all this **** HELP. i want to beable to utilize my droid to its full potential otherwise its useless to have if im not. so tell me everything there is to know but in retard language thanks much :)
First of all, welcome to DF. You found the place for the right answers. There is a lot you can do with the Droid, but first of all you must be patient. There's many many people here that will assist you if you have questions. You just need to read up on things. Are you sure you want to root the Droid? If so, read all about it. Then, ask for suggestions from the users here, and trust me, we'll have you pointed in the right direction. You need to relax, and you'll do well.

OP
S

snackpak

Reaction score
First of all, welcome to DF. You found the place for the right answers. There is a lot you can do with the Droid, but first of all you must be patient. There's many many people here that will assist you if you have questions. You just need to read up on things. Are you sure you want to root the Droid? If so, read all about it. Then, ask for suggestions from the users here, and trust me, we'll have you pointed in the right direction. You need to relax, and you'll do well.
what is this rooting ****? and how would i know if i want to do it

OP
S

snackpak

Reaction score
and blackdroid does this 6.5 homescreen thing that is sweet lookin can anyone tell me about it?