Help with rooting!!!!!!!

Pestilaence

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site... need some massive help with rooting my phone. I have a Samsung Fascinate and the phone just won't connect to a computer. I've been reading up on how to root the phone and have even tried a couple different things but no matter what I do the computer will not recognize the device. It will charge the phone though so I know the usb connections work. I've tried different comps... different usb updates and downloads... is there a program that I can simply download to the phone itself and run? I think right now that may be my only option unless someone else can figure something out for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also please try to keep the technical stuff down as I am a complete noob when it comes to stuff like this lol. Let me know what to do... I really wanna root this thing so I can get rid of a bunch of useless stuff and overclock it.

OP
P

Pestilaence

Reaction score
Seriously? No replies? No one knows what I can do to root my phone?

truckrod

Reaction score
If you are on 2.2.1 the root process is a bit involved i have rooted a couple SF and got both to stick but i only use adb shell commands

Tvo14

Reaction score

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Have you tried logging onto the Samsung site and downloading the Kies software? It should download all necessary drivers for you if you have the software and then plug in your phone.

fughetzer

Reaction score
Kies does not work with the Fascinate.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Umm... im fairly certain it does because rooted and flashed comrom on two fascinates last week. One of which im using to type this reply. I guess i could be mistaken but i dont think i am.

Tvo14

Reaction score
Use the ODIN all in one root and froyo update

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Use the ODIN all in one root and froyo update

I think his problem is that he can't do it because his computer doesn't recognize the phone. If the kies software still doesn't work try using a different computer. Some computers do better than others and a lot will install the drivers automatically.

Tvo14

Reaction score
I think ODIN uses a different driver than the Samsung Windows driver. I had a problem with USB not detecting the SD Card in Windows (Error with USB Device) and when I pulled the battery, held down the volume button while connected via USB to Odin, it detected it and I was able to flash a .TAR file

i3izkit12

Reaction score
I think ODIN uses a different driver than the Samsung Windows driver. I had a problem with USB not detecting the SD Card in Windows (Error with USB Device) and when I pulled the battery, held down the volume button while connected via USB to Odin, it detected it and I was able to flash a .TAR file

Oh, well in that case he can just Odin and use a microSD to move files to his sd card.