Help unrooting a Droid X please

BirmBuckeye

Reaction score
Hello.

This is hard for me to admit, but I am a noob. It hurts, I hate it - but it is true. I THOUGHT I was smart enough to figure out this phone, but apparently, I am not.

I rooted using this method HERE.

I have downloaded ROM Manager, Bootstrap recovery, Root Explorer....

I need to unroot and go back to a stock 2.2 to determine if the problems I am having with my media (photos, video, and music are NOT working at all since 2.2 OTA and subsequent root).

Is there an easy to advise way to accomplish this? I feel that if the unrooting doesn't fix my media issue, I will have to take the phone back to Verizon and have them check the software, so either way, an unroot and back to stock 2.2 is necessary so that they don't recognize my voiding the warranty....

Anyone?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What's the big deal???

Use Root Explorer, go to system/bin, tap ("RW" button in upper right, if it says "RO" leave it alone)

Look for Su file and delete it ...If you installed Busybox it will be there also, delete it too. (check in system/xbin for both also just in case)

DO NOT EXIT ROOT EXPLORER YET..

Then go to system/app and look for Superuser.apk and delete it...

Reboot and you are no longer Rooted.

You can also do all this with a bunch of ADB commands and all that stuff, if you like typing and chances of mistyping a command :)

This will get you unrooted but I really doubt that the root is the cause of any of your problems. More than likely they are from the OTA 2.2

OP
B

BirmBuckeye

Reaction score
What's the big deal???

Use Root Explorer, go to system/bin, tap ("RW" button in upper right, if it says "RO" leave it alone)

Look for Su file and delete it ...If you installed Busybox it will be there also, delete it too. (check in system/xbin for both also just in case)

DO NOT EXIT ROOT EXPLORER YET..

Then go to system/app and look for Superuser.apk and delete it...

Reboot and you are no longer Rooted.

You can also do all this with a bunch of ADB commands and all that stuff, if you like typing and chances of mistyping a command :)

This will get you unrooted but I really doubt that the root is the cause of any of your problems. More than likely they are from the OTA 2.2

Root was not the cause, as I was able to unroot using the one button method at BHT, I will have a new X on Thursday.