HELP! Stuck at 2.13.5-Can't flash, can't reinstall bloatware!

J

jaj6503

Hello, I'm rather new to Android and I'm having a very annoying issue with my rooted Droid X. The first thing I did when I rooted was delete bloatware with Titanium Backup, I didn't make a Droid X Bootstrap backup beforehand. I recently tried to flash a rom with Rom Manager, but my phone would fail at the recovery screen. I decided to give up and recently tried to install the new Droid x update and got the same issue. I'm assuming it's because I have the bloatware missing. I've tried to use Root Explorer to reinstall the bloatware but I cannot get Cardock, Weather Widget, or Pro Tips to reinstall. No matter what I do with the permissions, every time I try the installation process it fails and I get an "application not installed" notice. It only happens with these 3 apks. At this point I'm so confused and frustrated I just want to go back to completely stock/unrooted with all the bloatware back. Is this even a possibility? I desperately need help! Thank you!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Grab the 2.2 SBF full file and install that.

OP
J

jaj6503

Ok, so I used 2.3.15 .sbf & rsd lite 4.8, got back to 2.3.13, rerooted, and backed up. All the bloatware is back, but now when I do a system update, it's telling me I'm up to date (2.3.13). Shouldn't this initialize the 2.3.340 update?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Ok, so I used 2.3.15 .sbf & rsd lite 4.8, got back to 2.3.13, rerooted, and backed up. All the bloatware is back, but now when I do a system update, it's telling me I'm up to date (2.3.13). Shouldn't this initialize the 2.3.340 update?

Yes,
maybe do a factory reset, then try the download again.

after the SBF, you should be at 2.3.15, not 2.3.13. not sure if that matters or not, but after i SBF'd last night, i was at 2.3.15, and got the update with no problem to 2.3.340

OP
J

jaj6503

It was at 2.3.13, I was able to update.zip to 2.3.15 deodexed. I'm still seeking out a way to get from here to 2.3.340. Maybes I can unroot/odex and get the ota.